1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Feb 2, 2014.

?

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes, Sell

267 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No, Keep through out contract

185 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Over the last 4 games or so McHale seems to be rendering the Beverley v. Lin starting debate moot. For now, he wants both of them in the game, sometimes even in crunch time. Lin seems to be growing on McHale and maybe even the fan base. Never thought I'd say that. I've even seen Dwight Howard recently begin to recognize that Lin is a teammate on the court that can help him. I always believed Harden respected Lin, contrary to the hype.

As for the actual results on the court, Beverley does not 'deserve' to start over Lin. Beverley hasn't been very good as an on ball or man to man defender and he hasn't scored the ball or shot a good percentage, though is 3 pt makes have been good. He's like a 4th or 5th starting pitcher on a deep baseball team. He just eats up minutes and can make a few loose ball plays to get some extra possessions, and hit a couple of 3s. With the talent this team has, that might be enough. He has been a good complement for Lin when Lin has been on the court because Bev actually runs with him.

1 person likes this.
  2. jms99

jms99 Member

3. jms99

jms99 Member

i don't know what's wrong with it. just use google and find some teams interested in Lin if you really want to know.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I honestly don't care enough about Lin to. I was just curious to see what teams wanted him.

6. jms99

jms99 Member

the teams from that specific article are charlotte, boston, toronto, philly.

7. jms99

jms99 Member

haha, i don't care about him at all. I care about what we can GET for him. LOL. that's hugely important to me.

8. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

The numbers are not suggesting either way. They do not have to favor either one starting.

And because the Rockets choose to do something does not make it a fact. It is still an opinion. Teams make wrong decisions all the time.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

U can cross off Boston and the 76'ers

10. Play07

Play07 Member

wake me up when dragic takes his teams to the playoffs or has 3 30+ point games under his belt 2 years into being in the NBA. heres 38/38/34.

the way you guys talk about dragic you would think he puts up better numbers than lin on the Regular, but truth is hes only had one 30+ game and that was this year 33 agaisnt the grizzlies.

You can see lins body of work when hes number 1 option when harden is not on the floor, dragic has his chance everynight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5uf1te-jF7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ts34fXuXzKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8iWWFk6TX18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

My sentiments exactly, but I am too lazy to spend time looking for it, hence asking. :D

OK cool. What are the sources for the article? More importantly, are they credible?

12. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Don't know why I even entertain this, but people like you seriously live in some sort of strange alternate reality. Goran Dragic is a better basketball player than Jeremy Lin. Anyone who has any semblance of basketball knowledge can see that. Notice how Goran Dragic is getting all sorts of talk about all-star snub? It's because smart people can tell he's a very good basketball player.

13. jms99

jms99 Member

No, they are sometimes not credible. But if you read other articles, you get the idea that there are a good number of teams interested in Lin. I don't think it's a stretch to say you can find some teams very serious about Lin.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

literally citing losses to support your argument

Lin fans

1 person likes this.
  15. jason330i

jason330i Member

yes, dragic's numbers are great! (as the primary ball handler, primary option, and best player on the team)

but the "people like him" are wondering if lin could put up the same or better numbers in the same situation.

16. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I guess that is where the bias comes from :grin:...

17. jms99

jms99 Member

When people talk about Dragic, they're not talking only about numbers, though.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

dont entertain it then bro, what I said was facts, plug lin into a offense where hes the number 1 option then we can compare them better. But as of now I can only go off the games that lin played without the best SG in the NBA. & those numbers show that he is on dragics level as of now as crazy as it might it seem to you.

Dragic was one of my fav players when he was here as rocket, I was at all those games in the lower corners the same seats I have now when we were on our streak then when we didnt make the playoffs at the end.

I was rooting for dragic this year also but now im after seeing everyone talk down on the rockets PG, I hope suns dont make the playoffs so I talk about how dragic didnt get them to the playoffs.

19. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

If Lin is all three of those, his team would not be very good.

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Serious to what degree? Do they want to trade them for a bag of peanuts serious? The reason I am skeptical is because journalists are always hyping up baseless trade interests. Each offseason teaches us this with reports of "multiple sources" that all turn out to be untrue. Now if it is credibly reported that lots of teams are genuinely interested in Lin, that is great news if we do trade him.