1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 2/5/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You can't be serious about Len being the best pick of the draft right?

You also have to be joking about Dragic being a max guy...good player, great point guard but max guy...what a joke.

Let's get this straight. You gave us Dragic and a first round pick for Brooks. We got Brooks backs, you got Dragic back. We won the trade, you gave up a draft pick to end up with the same player anyway.

Such a shame I cna admire a team than an idiot fan of said team ruins it.

2. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

I, and I also belive the vast majority of Suns fans would scream in anger if that happened. The key to the succes of this team is exellent chemistry and cohesion that exists between those guys. What most of fans hope for is getting Love in 2015. By than we will have a solid core of young and experienced players that could plot a serious championship run.

Now I'm not saying that the RIGHT trade for the RIGHT star wouldn't be good for us, but currently there's no such star available. And Melo certainly isn't that star.

What I failed to mention is also huge cap space that will partialy be used on Bled this summer, but considering our rookies, draft picks and Dragic wanting to win with the Suns there will be plenty of room left to sign another "star" player.

I really don't get dissing of Goran by some members of this board. The man is playing like an all star through the entire season, was by far our best player on a horribly constructed team last year after he exploded in the 2nd half of the 2011/12 season with you. So in my book the guy has been showing his star potential for 2 and a half seasons now.

If I was you guys I'd be pretty mad that a 7,5 mil a year guy is outperforming both of your max guys and almost single handedly leading his team to the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

Though Davis will probably get the Kobe AS spot, fact is Goran should have gotten it before Dwight or Harden. Davis should as well. Saying that, I would give up my left nut to have Dwight on our team,... not Harden though. Definetely not him! Not the right star, just like Melo isn't.

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Go easy on him. LOL This Suns team is doing pretty good considering most of them are ex-Rockets so whose the actual genius GM here? Morey Ha! Honestly, looking at Phoenix reminds me of our Rockets team a few years back fielding like you said, middling assets that can keep things competitive but will never take them over the top. In, other words, looks like we dumped our crap on them and flipped them for two superstar talents, and some superior role players besides our bench.

I just love how Suns fan tried giving a backhanded compliment than have the nerve to even think their team is remotely close to being on Houston's level. Putting Dragic in the same breath as Lebron and KD, when he is nowhere near the echelon of Harden even. Let alone we also have another superstar which happens to be the best center in the league. They tried throwing Plumlee(good player), Len, and even Frye on him tonight with no chance.

Stay humble Suns fan, Bledsoe would have not won you the game. Have fun trying to retain him and Dragic who both are good players but will never be superstars. Not with Curry, Lillard, CP3, and TP around at least.

#stay humble #mediocre #I'm rocking Morey's crap #keep trying to prove to everyone my team is relevant #but but Dragic deserve all star not Curry.
    #future is bright

4. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Btw. I guess on this board just expressing your legitimate views as a fan of an opposite team is considered trolling. I believe I was quite respectfull in all of my posts.

I guess all the humidity makes you a bit of an "ish".

Didn't know that, so I'll just stay classy and excuse myself.

L8r

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

WHAT??!!? LMFAO!!! now that is delusional...

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You really are an idiot. This is what you get when you express your really dumb opinions. Take your rose colored glasses off before you post here again.

7. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

It's quite humid here in Chandler. :rolleyes:

Hint: I don't live in Houston

And yes, we Houston fans loved "ISH" he was one of the fan favorites here. Should I go down the list of our Mediocre roster a few years back? or you could just look at yours.... literally.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rockets have a better record the Suns and smacked them around today. I bet the Suns fall out of the playoffs. Someone is butthurt.

9. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

Any of you checks the stats? Regular or advanced? We're in 6th place (with GSW). Goran is the leader of this PO team. He's averaging 20.1, 3.6 and 6 with 14.3% PIE. His PER is 22.35. He is the only player besides KD and LeBron that is averaging over 20 pts with 5 ass, while shooting over 50%.

Goran leads all other AS guards in win shares per 48, except CP3 and Curry.

For comparison Harden has a PER of 21.78 and Howard's PER is 21.55. Laudly touted prodigy Lillard has a PER of 18.84 and is 47th in the ESPN rankings.

So what gives,... you guys really don't check the stats much, do ya?

We'll talk again soon, the season series is still up for grabs. Or do you forget we wooped your buts the first time. How many did you score again with the 2 stars you've got there.

Until then, stay classy Houston, stay classy.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Lets see here with all the players you've listed:

KD= allstar
    Lebron=allstar
    CP3=allstar
    CURRY=allstar
    Harden=allstar
    Howard=allstar
    Lillard=allstar

Mark your calender for our next meeting, if your Suns win enjoy the moral victory. At the end of the day, your team is still not on the same tier as Houston.

Lol at stay classy, we ain't mad bruh. Feels nice to have two stars TBH.

#but but Goran should be allstar not curry:(. # but but his PER mean he is on KD and LB's level:( #but but my team is better than yours

#bright future

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

why are you so mad at the suns?

12. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Not mad just little annoyed because im surrounded by all these suns fans where I'm at. Oh they still mad at the kiss of death lol

13. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Alex Len really was an awful pick, though. I might actually be on Dragon Blade's side had they taken Nerlens Noel. But other than Dragic, who only has one more year on his contract before he'll opt out, the Suns future is tenuous at best with little in sight but the small possibility of useful cap space, mediocre draft picks and a bidding war in the offseason for Eric Bledsoe who may not be a great player.

This season is a nice story for the Suns, but they'll have to hope for a miracle just as fans here did when the Rockets were stuck on the mediocrity treadmill.

14. autoprt

autoprt Member

wow just about all the major players contributed and tjones is getting to the point where if he doesn't have a good game it is unusual.

winning games is the cure, the first time in a while i've come here and people getting along, agreeing with each other. if we can win 10+ games in a row and stay around 3rd or 4th seed for playoffs this is going to be a great year.

15. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Great, have a medal. Houston wooped Portland but doesn't make us a better team does it now?

As for PER, I couldn't give a stuff, if you weren't blinded by your love for Dragic, you'd realise that his season hasn't been elite. His recent form doesn't make up for his fairly average start, coupled by his below average defense, it's not hard to see why no one rates him as much as you do.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just watching the replay of the game as I didn't get to catch it.

In the 2nd quarter when Ish Smith just goes roadrunner style and goes through the whole Rockets defense for a fast break layup - anyone catch him yelling "I CAN PLAY COACH"

Still love the guy.

17. DragonBlade

DragonBlade Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons says former teammate <a href="https://twitter.com/Goran_Dragic">@Goran_Dragic</a> is an All-Star in his view: &quot;He's really, really good. In transition, he's unguardable.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/431287072784003072">February 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. CarlosMencia

CarlosMencia Member

I thought Mchale substitution in this game was brilliant.

19. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Dragic has played very well this year and in my view deserves an all-star spot. However it's the first year (but still impressive). The suns have done really well this year and I like both your GM and your coach. Your team looks like our team the last few years and you may have a ton of picks which is great. You may well end up going the route houston took, with a little luck. I also have no problems with having a suns poster in the garm; a new point of view is welcome as long as it is generally respectful. While a couple of your statements are crazy (Dragic is better than harden or Howard - I have to laugh bc both your GM and coach would pack dragic's bags themselves if we offered either of them to Phoenix).

All that said, Bledsoe will command a max or near max salary after this year. After next year, Dragic will opt out of his player option (there's a reason why gms are reluctant to give them out - they never work out well for the team bc either the player opts in which means you've overpaid or the player opts out which means it was useless to you). Even if he doesn't take max he'll be asking for $10-12m a year if he sustains his play. Also, even if both were considered all-stars, they are in the lower echelon of all stars, clearly, while the rockets have two in the upper echelon (both top 10, possibly top 5 or very close). So while the future is good you've still got a fair am

20. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Amount of work to go...