1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN interview with Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wfeebs, Feb 4, 2014.

1. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

I saw that when teams were pitching Dwight, some people told him that James Harden uses the ball just as much as Kobe does, so he shouldn’t go play with the Rockets because you won’t get the ball. How does that make you feel?

Uhh ... I mean, I never heard that. But I handle the ball a lot. A lot. As far as bringing the basketball up. But I’m definitely a willing passer. I would rather average 18 points and 10 assists than 28 points.

So whatever it takes to win, that’s the kind of team player that I am. You know, my job is to make my teammates happy, and Dwight happy.

3. kakaman

kakaman Member

Unfortunately that makes J Lin the casualty

4. theREALDEALkid

The Rockets really have some top notch players. ESPN could have and partially tried to lead James to a wrong statement but he held his own, and responded very maturely.

Not many young players would respond so confidently but humbly at the same time. I'm glad to call myself a Rockets fan after reading the article just because he didn't fall for the word games and the "me me" attitude they tried to portray.

That OKC or HOU question was dangerous territory but he handled it like a Boss.

Onto Pheonix tomorrow fellas.

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

those questions were aimed at breaking Harden down, but he answered nicely.

I like the last few sentences about doing whatever it takes to win.

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

This question was basically the reporter trying to get a headline out of him. But he handled it well.

7. theREALDEALkid

Exactly.. your username don't lie man.

8. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Dmorey seems to like lefties, it never ocurred to me that such thing could be a an advantage.

9. NotChandlerParsons

James may like big booty strippers but he's a really shrewd, careful interview subject.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

James hardens a sharp guy. He one of the smartest basketball minds we hav in the game today. It only a matter of time before he's seen as more than a scorer but as a true superstar top 4 player like espn said he was. Dude loves to play basketball words on his game and is as committed to winning as it comes. We forget he's 24 and only a little over 100 games as the lead man yet he's seen nationally as a superstar know one but us question this. We're very fortunate that James landed in our laps and he can grow with the rockets franchise over the next 10 years.

11. yummyhawtsauce

that one question tho, if Harden was in OKC first (with westbrook second), and Durant came after, what would have happened come contract time

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden has a media-savvy agent to get him all these interviews and attention even though he doesn't have a sparkling season so far.

Agent doing work!

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

For the lazy ones, & those that don't want to send 'clicks' to ESPN:

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lefties are rare and valued in most sports, especially baseball and boxing. The reason for this is because there are a lot more righties in the world so people are use to going against them. Lefties and ambidextrous are a lot more rare and much harder to guard against due to lack of overall experience, difference in moment and angles, ect.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, wut? No more posts for you, bro.

16. kakaman

kakaman Member

Did I say something wrong? James said he wants to be a facilitator and not only a shooter, that means J Lin in the corner shooting 3s. Obviously if James wants to be more of a passer, you let your best player do that. But as we've all seen, that marginalizes Lin.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Still can't believe we got james freaking harden

1 person likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, you said "unfortunately." As a Rockets fan, we are very fortunate to have Harden and him handling the ball benefits the team. He creates many opportunities for Lin and other teammates.

19. Grigori

Grigori Member

Harden has always been very diplomatic.

20. kakaman

kakaman Member

Uh just because Harden's the best player doesn't mean he should be doing too much on offense. Maybe playing some defense would be beneficial as well?

For example, Russell Westbrook took about 100 more shots than KD over the course of last season. There were many OKC fans who said, Russ should look to facilitate a bit and let KD try to close. When Russ went down in the playoffs, KD had a hard time adjusting because Russ wasn't there taking his usual shots.

Not saying J Lin is as good as KD, but it makes more sense for players to play their natural positions. Harden can still get his attempts and usage, he doesn't need to try to do everything on offense.