1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 2/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 31, 2014.

1. jeffrds

jeffrds Member

YAY

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The best thing about Lin's Triple Double was he was doing it with Harden on the floor. I always thought when there were better offensive options on the floor with Lin he would tend to shrink and just go to the corner after giving up the ball instead of doing what he did in NY. If he is confident and attacking (even if he is turning the ball over) it is always better than a timid Lin.

3. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Enjoy the win. No negative vibes on this one.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Are you on crack? Is scoring the only thing you look at? What a complete joke of a post. Go away to a Lin fansite.

Both point guards played at a really high level yet you still have to take DUMB shots at Bev.

5. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

just don't tell me how serious the rockets are about a championship when your best PG is on the bench. from my point of view. I am not going to take the rockets seriously as a contender until they get a legit PG in the starting position. It's even more startling that a good PG is right on your roster who has proven that he can play extremely well under the right conditions. oh well.

6. skyline07

skyline07 Member

I guess Evil Mchale isnt so Evil after all

7. quizone

quizone Member

only 35 pages. what else is going on tonight?

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

thats why beverly is starting. We need that with the starting 5. This game is a great example of why Lins role is best off the bench as the 6th man. the two have entirely different purposes for this team.

9. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

One major area for improvement for Rockets is how and when to pass the ball to D12. He could pretty much score at will today, but the team often overlooked him, or passed to him too far away from the basket.

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

That's what's so amazing. If Harden and Howard can get 20+ points a game while allowing other players like Lin, Bev, and Jones to grab the attention because they're playing well too, then this team will be very difficult to beat.

11. gambingo

gambingo Member

I know it's the Cavs, but i'm impressed that we held them under 100pts. Great win, and gratz to Jeremy on his first triple double. Hope he gets more of those or close to it.

12. quizone

quizone Member

i will say.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

And only 5 turnovers and 5 fouls combined

14. yummyhawtsauce

Bev and Lin play great together, i dont know how you can hate Bev's energy and unselfishness , not everyone can be 25 and 10 every night

15. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

Almost had a double double with AST/REB alone. 5 STL is nothing to sneeze at either.

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

How do you block someone again?

17. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

OUr PG were awesome today. The lin & Bev combo is great.

18. kakaman

kakaman Member

http://bkref.com/tiny/3rEur

Jeremy Lin only the 23rd player to have a triple double in less than 30 minutes. Some impressive company

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Yeah, it takes the pressure off of the other players like lin, casppi, bev, parsons. It makes to where BEV can have 0 points and still be completely acceptable.

that is, if we win of course. If we would have lost this game everyone would have been flaming beverly and anyone else outside of harden,howard and lin.

20. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

I really like the bev/lin combo....they seem to have better chemistry than anyone else on the team