1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 2/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 31, 2014.

1. hamsession

hamsession Member

(Bev with the steal, dribbles up 3/4ths of the court, draws in two defenders, and passes to Harden for a layup)

Da Beard

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Baiyan or whoever will be pumping it out quick! probably working on it as we speak!

3. aldrich

aldrich New Member

Look at the shooting percentage of other main players: Jones (8-14), Howard (10-12), Harden (10-17), Lin (6-12), it is not easy for the team to reach 106 points when someone has 0 points in 41 minutes.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I remember he made some bad decision that led to an awful shot selection of a corner 3 that didn't hit in the second quarter and was on the bench ever since

5. conquistador#11

i'd want this guy on my debate team.

6. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

That was a really fun game to watch.

Harden, Howard, and Lin were fantastic.

Bev had 0 points but anyone who watched the game saw how big of an impact he had. Big steals and some key rebounds. Forced some other turnovers too.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

8. Clarinetmonster

Dude - You're giving Lin fans a bad image here. Lin was the player of the freaking game and you're not happy?? Bev/Lin was a great combo tonight - Lin carried over his mojo from the Hardenless games like we all had hoped. Try to be happy for the win!

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i didn't realize harden and howard had 26 and 28. If we can get that every game we'll be just fine.

10. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

No dude. He did that to gain the assist.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And DMo shows that he belongs to the rotation. He didn't play a spectacular game. But he played well enough to deserve time on the floor.

12. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Your logic just blows my mind. :grin:

13. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

he didnt shoot well, but he did everything else, he played great.

14. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

it was kind of an anomaly for beverley to get 10 rebounds. I still believe that either the Rockets get Rondo or they put Lin in the Starting linup immediately. The rockets think different, which i think there is an agenda behind it. But the rockets do what the rockets want. if they want to lose that's up to them to decide.

15. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

For 40 damn minutes, Beverly scored 0 points, but playing Amazing D. That's works too..

16. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Check out facts before you post. His min per game is #5 on the team, lower than Beverley. Lin averages below 28 min a game when he plays off the bench. His min seems higher because of injuries to Harden and Bev.

17. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Harden also missed more shots than me in this game.

18. quizone

quizone Member

Deng burned his ass that is y.

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he's basically a younger john wall with better shooting. He needs more talent around him, Wall finally has some and he's looking better.

20. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

After the Cavs took a lead early in the 3rd, coaching finally got Lin & DMo back in for TJones & Parsons, which helped totally change Houston’s momentum. Rox was basically running 3 guards & 2 centers. In the next six minutes (and for the rest of the game), I thought Bev & Lin’s effort was incredible. These two guys really hustled and instigated Houston’s push to put the lead back to double digits.

The Harden-Bev-Lin trio tonight was very interesting. Bev & Lin focused on pushing it on defense, pace and facilitating, while Harden focused on scoring. Bev & Lin had 18 of the 24 total assts, 21 of the 44 total rebounds, and 7 of the 8 total steals. Bev & Lin…two peas in a pod. These two guys did all of the things that help the team win tonight.

I thought this game was another great example of how Lin can play excellent with stars. Congrats to Lin with his first triple double!!!