1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why I am one of the greatest recreational hoopers in Houston (video)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Jan 31, 2014.

1. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

While everyone was at home eating cookies in their pajamas, I was at the gym until 3 in the morning. Working. Sweating. Fighting. This is my story:

It was a rough day at school. I had 2 classes and a meeting with my honors director today. I nearly didn't even make it to the Google meeting at Cemo. I was tired mentally and physically. But I pushed on through.

I went off campus to grab lunch at Oishii with some friends. The traffic was unbearable and my friend was playing some ****ty Drake album. But I pushed on through.

I came back to campus, only to walk from the rec all the way to Mcilhenny. The wind was cutting through my Patagonia jacket and straight into the Alfredo cheese. But I pushed on through.

I endured a three-hour lecture, walked back to the rec, and commuted all the way home. How? By pushing on through.

I then had a weak ass dinner at Jimmy John's, drove to the gym, and shot around for four hours. Dedication. Determination. Desire. The 3 D's that epitomize what I'm all about on the basketball court.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mij57WYg6W8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video is of me hitting five free throws in a row. First attempt.

7 people like this.
  2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

INCREDIBLE

1 person likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You should have pushed on through when posting your video to Youtube and oriented it properly.

Something tells me that it was just an epic fail and you recorded the video in a potrait mode, like nobody ever should, and when you tried to upload it, you didn't want it to look small, so you just left it sideways...

#3 Two Sandwiches, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

http://www.pchtreatment.com/narcissistic-personality-disorder-treatment-center/

What is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) describes persons with an exaggerated sense of self-importance or uniqueness, and a preoccupation with receiving attention. They will often overstate their own achievements and talents, or focus upon the special nature of their problems. In essence, the narcissist’s fragile self-esteem is revealed by their preoccupation with how others regard them. Features of a narcissistic personality include a preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love. There is also a need for constant attention and admiration, and either a cool indifference or feelings of rage, inferiority, shame, humiliation, or emptiness in response to criticism, indifference of others, or defeat.

What causes Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

NPD is believed to arise primarily from environmental factors, as no specific genetic pattern has been demonstrated. Developmentally, narcissistic traits appear commonly in adolescence. While most people outgrow these traits, those who develop the disorder maintain these characterological issues from adolescence through adulthood.

Narcissism originates from experiences in childhood such as loss of a father figure, an excessively condescending or critical environment, or unpredictable or unreliable caregiving from parents. Other forms of childhood psychological trauma, including physical or sexual abuse increase the risk of developing a personality disorder. Chronic insomnia, overworking, exposure to high levels of stress, substance abuse, medical problems, and difficulties with family or other interpersonal relationships can exacerbate the symptoms of a personality disorder.

How can Clutchfans Help?

Because persons with Narcissistic Personality Disorder have difficulties with interpersonal relationships, family and loved ones may not be interested in participating or helping in their treatment. Family and friends need to educate themselves about Narcissistic Personality Disorder to better empathize and relate to the person who has it. Family can be a valuable resource in monitoring for symptoms as well as maladaptive or dangerous behaviors. They can assist a person with NPD to enter a treatment facility, providing emotional support and financial resources.

When should paulftsk enter a treatment center?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder often manifests as serious problems within the family or workplace. In these cases, an intensive treatment program is an appropriate option. Once per week psychotherapy is usually ineffective at managing serious consequences. A treatment facility, like PCH Treatment Center, can be a more effective option than simple outpatient therapy, especially when the client is suffering from other issues such as depression, substance abuse, or estrangement from family or loved ones.

5 people like this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

The 3 D's that came to my mind that epitomize you are:
    DORK
    DINGLEBERRY
    DIARRHEA

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

8/10 breh...

1 person likes this.
  7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

"I pushed through going to a lecture and listening to a Drake album, bouhou I'm so strong to have pushed through that bouhou!"

ROFL you know nothing of life. Wait until a major crisis hits you and you'll crumble like a pyramid of cards.

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

meh, didn't even bank one of them

1 person likes this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL... OP is like Howard, he doesn't miss a free throw...(when it doesn't count)..:eek:

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why hasn't paulftsk received a Presidential Medal of Freedom yet?

1 person likes this.
  11. BonziWellsGOAT

#BowDown

1 person likes this.
  12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I agree!

Thanks Obama!!..:mad:...;)

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Your form is kind of whack bro. That elbow should be fixed. . .

Glad you aren't lacking in confidence, but be honest with yourself. You aren't D-league material yet!

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lin will tear your ass up doe.

Lin talks Jesus, you trash talk. Lin pulls hoes, you got none. Lin started from the bottom, you still at the bottom.#hashtag hashtag

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Millennial?

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Where's that free throw pump fake tho?

1 person likes this.
  17. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Y u no bank free throw?

1 person likes this.
  18. Sadat X