1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2014.

1. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Why so emotional? Just celebrate for the win and leave your disagreement to another day :grin:

2. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

yes!!! I hate dallass with a passion so glad we won..should have take the series from them....such douches up there

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Yeah! :)

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Anyone who complain about Harden getting favorable treatment from the refs should watch this game. I swear every time a Mavs was breathed on when they shot the ball, it was a foul.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Mark Cuban is such a joke. Stay salty, my friend.

6. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Looks like Lin found his mojo back last night and decided to keep it. Now keep it for your whole career :grin:

7. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Yes. Maybe he can start shooting technical FT, LOL

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

SOOOOOOOOOOO glad the Rox won and didn't blow the lead completely. I mean 2 fouls on a 3 pt shooter - gift wrapping 6 pts :mad::mad::mad:

J Lin was great

Parsons was great

DMO - nice to see him improving as a player for the most part.

D12 - could of been much better but, I'll take his pts, especially from ft line.

TJ - very nice play

AB/PB - decent

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Cuban is such a douchebag

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

When he eventually signs with another team, I seriously hope it's not in the same conference. He's a future Rocket killer.

11. yummyhawtsauce

honestly, loving the way this team plays the last couple of games, great all around team effort...gotta work on those boneheaded plays in end of game situations though lol ie. fouling 3pt shooters

12. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

when did he actually write that?

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So what about the blazers win by 10 plus early in the yr or the countless other games that harden played and we won by 10 plus? Was the offense not running smooth then? I just don't get some of you it's as if you actually think your watching harden play 1 on 5 when he's in the game.

You know what plays I hate? When Lin dribbles with his head down into 3 defenders jumps in the air and passes it to the other team. Does the ball get stickey with harden sometimes? Sure but don't act like we're a better team with him not playing and Lin running the show. If harden wasn't on this team we would be easily 5 wins worse. He's bailed us out of more than a few this season.

14. mingthething

mingthething Member

Happy Lunar New Year, Lin!

15. nirianto

nirianto Member

DMo played really well tonight. He was active on both ends, battling for loose balls that gave the team a second chance of the basketball. He scored on a few nice post moves on Dirk, I hope we utilize him more on the post! He can be effective there given the opportunity.

16. edvio

edvio Member

when harden is in, he's not playing his game as a PG. so all his strengths are out the window. if lin is not PG, i don't see a reason for playing him. he's only effective as a PG. he's not a spot up shooter. he's not an iso guy. when he's a threat as a playmaker, his own offense comes to life, too. otherwise, he's a really mediocre off the ball player.

harden is a scorer first, and a playmaker 2nd. therefore, in end of games situations, you live and die by harden, and he's no durant, so you'll have games where harden simply can not by sheer talent take over the game. that's where you need lin. at his best at PG, his presence stabilizes the court. i think this where he needs to get better, but it's not being developed in his current role.

17. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

I been here since 02. I'm not even sure if Lin graduated from HS yet. LOF are terrible but LOH like yourself is even worse. LOF will make a big deal about Lin, but they will still root for the Rockets. LOH can't be happy with a win, especially when Lin does well. Like tonight, it's, this is how Jeremy needs to play. ??? He's starting getting big minutes. When Lin struggles, it's the sky is falling, Lin is basically the reason why the Rockets lost. Get outta here.

18. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

lin is the 6th man. get over it. we won and lin had 2 great games. go pick on d12. he's the superstar.

19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I was one of them. The guy I was watching play didn't seem to be an NBA player, the one tonight(and the last play last night) does. The jury is definitely still out on him IMO. He has POTENTIAL for sure and I am glad to see his play tonight. That said there are a ton of guys not on NBA rosters who have POTENTIAL. We need him INSIDE...rebounding,posting up. NOT launching 3 pointers at a 17% clip. Yes,he is growing up...hope he continues.

20. HTM

HTM Member

People ***** about the refs in every league, in every sport (with referees) and at every level of play in the world. They are human.

Deal with it.

I learned to deal with it a long time ago.