1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lowry has been phenomenal this season. Of course If want the best eastern conference PG this season on this team

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I realize this isn't the point of the article, but it makes me question some aspects of credibility lol. Am I missing something or is that statement just wrong? True we're 2.5 games behind LAC, but to get home-court advantage, don't we need to vault to #3 as LAC is probably going to win their division and not fall lower than #4? Just saying, we're more like 4.5 games back from home-court advantage...

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Record determines HCA.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Toronto would want Lin not Beverley

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Would love to get Lowry back and fire mchale.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'd do it still but we would really have to look for a nice scoring option off the bench. I think Beverly is phenomenal but he can't be our scorer off the bench.

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

That's right, I completely forgot. Record for HCA, division only affects seeding. Gotcha, thanks.

8. hltiki

hltiki Member

do it!

But I'd hate to see Lowry leave toronto like this to go back to houston...

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Yep. He would make this team a lot better on the perimeter. He's a championship caliber point guard. In his time here, he's proved that he's a competitor who shines in the bright lights. I remember most people here saying that his three-point shooting would regress, but apparently he's now hitting a career high in Toronto! In his last season here, I felt like he couldn't miss! We could end up with Lowry and Brooks again, which would be great. Honestly, with those two I feel like Beverley is expendable, as well -- albeit Beverley is a favorite of mine on this team for his hustle and demeanor on the court and off.

10. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

pipe dream for every Rockets fans, Lin fans included. please make this happen!

11. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I love it because I can EASILY see him get on hardens a** about playing lackadaisical defense. Is welcome Lowry back with open arms he's been a stud this year

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I would love to get Lowry back, but I don't think Harden is giving up being the pointguard that easy, and I don't think Lowery will put up with the Harden ISO that seems to be a norm at times...

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I love Lin, but I would do this. Lowry is one of the best point guards in the game.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Morey: "KMac Lowry... could you work with him?"

McHale: "You mean I would have a real point guard that can hit open shots?"

Morey: "Well we are just talking about it... just seeing how -"

McHale: "He can have my office... it can be his dressing room, just get me something.. someone."

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I would absolutely love to have Kyle back. The more two way players we can add to this team, the better, especially in the starting lineup. No offense to Bev because I love his defense and hustle but his offense isn't going to cut it if he is going to be a starter. And between Howard's inconsistent offense and Harden's defensive lapses having more two way players is key.

Wasn't most of the McHale/Lowry caused when Lowry came back and wanted the starting job back but McHale was insistent on Dragic? I hope and think that Lowry and McHale could save the relationship if Lowry was the clear cut starter.

Anyway, Lowry to Houston would be great. But I'm more concerned with getting a good bench wing to make up Garcia's lackluster season and finding a good veteran big man who can help Jones and Howard.

1 person likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The article does mention that if the second rounders don't cut it, Dmo might be an option, as he and Jonas Valanciunas are both from Lithuania.

If we had something else in the mix to ensure our 4/5 spot didn't drop off, I could see it.

Morey: "Well if you're sure..."

McHale: "I'll wash his car. I'll run his errands; where does he get his laundry done? You still got his cell number? Do you think he changed it?"

1 person likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Harden would play better with Lowry.... hell both would do better. Lowry is shooting 40% from 3's which means lots of open looks for Lowry and great spacing for Harden.....

Can you imagine Harden kicking out to Parsons (40%) and Lowry (40%) at the three point line??

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The way I see it: if you can get Lowry without taking back any nasty contracts -AND- without giving up any of the obvious assets (Harden/D12/CP25/TJ/2014 first rounder), you do it.

I'd like to hang onto D-Mo for the rest of the season, but not at the expense of majorly upgrading our weakest position in preparation for a playoff run.

19. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

there is no way Toronto pulls that trigger... they haven't been fielding great trades, but certainly there's something better than this

20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Ahhhhhhh…

(lights cigarette)