1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

We should be able to get Neal really easily. I know their coach doesn't like him much. We could offer Brewer and a filler and I am sure they would take the deal. If Melo is available and promises to sign an extension then I would trade for him. Otherwise I am not even taking a shot with him. Guys I am looking at; Rondo, Neal, Melo, Shumpert, Ridnour, Hawes, Turner, Monroe, and Faried. All of them would be great additions to our team. I am pretty much open to trading anyone on our bench. Asik, Lin, Brewer, D-Mo, Garcia, Cannan, Brooks, Smith, and Covington. Also willing to part with draft picks. All of them are going to be low draft picks anyways so might as well try to get value for them now.

2. Clarinetmonster

Lets do it, Lin and Asik for Ridenour, wait, wuuhht?!?!?

3. Ron_E

Ron_E Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p7maxgs
    rox add 1st pick and 2x 2nd rounds

rondo beveryly canaan
    harden garcia brooks
    parson wallace covington
    tjones dmo
    howard feverati

improved PG position, defensively at the forward spot and get rid of trash contracts
    sign odom and bynum for vet min and we got a championship team

and boston gets a decent lineup to rebuilt
    lin bayless pressey
    bradley bogans blue
    green casspi brewer
    sullinger bass smith
    omer anthony olynik

4. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

Derrick Williams is stucked behind Gay (...) in Kings rotation, i'd like to get him (with Fredette) for peanuts. he's not even 23, he's athletic, can rebound and shoot some 3s, can be a low risk high reward move imo

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Detroit don't want another big. They would move Monroe to play Smith at the 4. Asik doesn't want to be a back-up.

It would take a third team and us giving Detroit Lin. Monroe will want to get paid, we need to pay Parsons.

Detroit would bring Lin off the bench as well as going small playing him with Jennings. Detroit would want to get a shooting 3 from the third team, who would take Asik.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It would probably involve Asik to Boston, Lin and Jeff Green to Detroit, Monroe and the expirings of Stuckey and Villanueva to Houston. Naturally there'd be other moving parts.

That's if Monroe were on the radar. I'm okay with the high post big, low post big, but not with McHale coaching a TT with the other three spots jacking up 3's.

7. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

harden to golden state for david lee and harrison barnes. imagine the warriors rockets rivalry then!

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

For a minor move, target Jae Crowder from Dallas.

His +/- numbers are outstanding and he would help us out tremendously on the perimeter. A tough defensive-minded 2/3 that can shoot the ball, has a high motor and plays unselfishly. Instant rotation player.

His minutes and role have been inconsistent in Dallas. I'm sure they would be open to moving him. Definitely a name worth keeping in mind, IMO.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Monroe can't shoot though, so I don't see him as a high post big. Monroe has been trying to develop high post game for two years now, but I'd say it's a failing experiment.

If he's available on the cheap, then sure. He'd be a brilliant 6th man on this team, although probably not the happiest one.

Would Boston prefer Asik over Monroe, though? I'd guess not, but who knows.

10. awc713

awc713 Member

thats an interesting acquisition. Wonder what DAL wants from him...he played very well for them a good chunk of last year.

11. basketballholic

Great Idea!

Now, be realistic. Do you think Dallas is gonna turn him loose for a little bit o' nothing?

Nope. I'd love to have him. He'd be a fit here. But we're not going to trade a first rounder for him and Dallas ain't gonna trade him for a second rounder.

Gotta look elsewheres. (Brandon Rush)

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm curious what the market is for Crowder.

His minutes and role with Dallas have been extremely inconsistent. Obviously, nobody is trading a first rounder for a glue guy.

Dallas is noticeably thin in the frontcourt. Crowder for Greg Smith could benefit both sides.

13. Nook

Nook Member

A couple of assumptions I am making:

1. The market for Asik is limited (or non existent) when we consider that Morey will not give him away and will not destroy cap flexibility.
    2. Teams like Dallas, San Antonio and Oklahoma City are not ideal trade partners.
    3. The Rockets are limited to trading for role players based on points #1 and #2 above.
    4. The Rockets need 3 point shooting, not just someone that shoots a good percentage, but someone that will take a lot of them if open.
    5. The Rockets need a back up center that is cheap.
    6. The Rockets need a perimeter defender.

Possible targets:
    Mike Dunleavy: Can defend, hit 3's and and play 3 spots. Chicago has unreasonable trade demands.
    Brandon Rush: A very under rated 3 point shooter that can play 2 spots. Should be very cheap, but is his fitness level up for 25 minutes a night?
    Martell Webster: Good size, can defend and start, hits 3's well, interesting contract. Probably not going to be traded as the Wizards have pressure to win now.
    Channing Frye: Would have been an ideal target 3 months ago, now that the Suns are in the middle of the playoff chase, it will be harder to make a deal. He is possible the best shooting center in the NBA. He fills two holes at once.
    Jodie Meeks: He is obtainable, and he can play heavy minutes and has no problems shooting 3's. He is limited defensively.
    Kyle Korver: Probably the best 3 point shooter in the NBA. He is 50% from downtown if you give him even a half way open shot. He has improved defensively and is a master at setting picks and coming off of a screen for the shot. He is not a starter, and he has limitations but when Harden and Howard are cold he can hit open shots.

Not happening:
    Goran Dragic: He is only 27 and blossomed into a 20/7 player that gets to the line, shoots well, can drive and play off the ball. He would be an excellent fit with the Rockets. He was obtainable until the Suns started winning. Now, it would take too much to get him on the Rockets.
    Kyle Lowry: Another excellent fit. Can defend, play off the ball, guard sg's and even sf's in a pinch. He gets to the line and hits his 3's. He was very much on the market 6 weeks ago, the Knicks almost got him for very little. Now, he would come at a high cost. Further Clutch said that he has concerns that Kyle would still have issues with McHale.
    Eric Gordon: Rugged SG, that can hit 3's, scores in bunches and at times can defend. Would be a PERFECT 6th man on the Rockets and would make a serious difference in the Rockets playoff positioning. Having said that, acquiring him would destroy any shot at a 3rd star.

14. allaroundplayer

I would trade Casspi for him in a heartbeat.

15. allaroundplayer

Granted, Crowder may be a nice addition, but I just want to get rid of Casspi. He brings down the overall quality of play of the team. I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia or Smith traded either.

16. allaroundplayer

17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think it'd be a fair trade if it was like Dmo for crowder. Both teams gets young guys with potential. 7 footers that can run the floor and have good outside shooting mechanics arent very easy to find

18. basketballholic

Dallas may do that. But we're unlikely to. Especially if there were no other deals in place for a big. DMo is basically our only 7-footer on the roster with Asik injured, sick, or feelings hurt, however you want to categorize him.

So, I don't see that deal going down unless something else is cooking.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Guys, he's not that good. I mean, he's a good looking physical specimen but his BBIQ is low and outside of being a streaky 3 pt shooter, he's just another guy out there on the court.