1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/25/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2014.

1. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

all of the poster posers here that say "we" should be playing for this team

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Spot on IMO. Totally agree about Asik. He needs to go...big time. Absent the Rockets trying to send a message to the rest of the NBA that he is injured in a serious way,there is no purpose in keeping him. You can coach a lot but you can't coach "want to". This all about me punk doesn't know what a TEAM is. If your boss brought in another employee to go alongside you and told you that I need BOTH of you to be successful, and was paying you handsomely to do your job, don't you owe him the best you can give him ? I say yes and if he don't want to play, don't pay him. "Hurt"...are you kidding me ?

3. kastuul

kastuul Member

The Rockets's game is predictable without mid-range shots.

4. Dementium

Dementium Member

Dude you are underrating the team a lot.

TJones is a solid PF, and Lin, when allowed to play PG has shown that he can be at least at the level just below Dragic and Lowry, which IMO is still pretty damn good.

Harden, Howard, Parsons, Lin, Asik, TJones and I would even include PBev. Not many teams have 7 solid above average players that can contribute night in night out.

OKC for example. Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Reggie Jackson. Who else do they have? Perkins? Lamb?

We have the talent. We just don't have the right coaching staff. Just see how many times we get destroyed on the last play of the game.

1 person likes this.
  5. nemecide

nemecide Member

Please don't give me that, it comes down to coaching, should i remind you what type of team the bulls had going into the playoff last year? and oh.. how far did they go?

Mate, we have enough talent, they're just not being utilized. I'm sorry, but i don't "over-rate" this team. From what you're saying, it sounds like we need to overhaul the entire bench.

Why not just fix the most glaring problem? which is the coach...

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Thabo, Adams, and Collison are effective roleplayers who play above average defense, which is far more than I can say about our roleplayers.

7. uberjuicey

uberjuicey Member

The way this team is ran, no PG in their right mind would want to come here.
    Everybody's a PG and brings up the ball themselves.
    No screens set, and 95% of every play is an ISO.
    Every PG we currently do have is basically forced to be an SG - wait in the corner and wait till there's 3 seconds left on the clock.

8. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

i think the clown means game after game not 1 game good 1 game bad.
    "we" ? whos we? you playin lamer?

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lol at another game thread about how Lin being utilized wrong and unfair. The entire team is under performing in the coaching system.

10. Dementium

Dementium Member

This. I don't get it. You have the best SG in the game. What do you do? You get him to play PG.

11. GoooooRockets!

That's well said. Each player has their good and bad. For example, Lin cannot play as a spot-up shooter like he's being used right now. He has to have the ball to do the stuff he is good at. If you use him as a spot-up shooting guard, of course he looks terrible out there. Some people say he has no assists these days. Well how the hell is he going to create plays if he doesn't have the ball?

We have immense talent if each player gets used right.

12. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Have you seen the rotation and how Lin is used? He stands in the corner most of the time. Harden is the defacto PG on this team, Lin is just used as a wing shooter (his 3 pt is terrible since his back injury)

13. count_dough-ku

Whether or not you believe Asik is actually injured(I don't for the record), he's not coming back by the end of the month. Last report was that we're close to a timetable for his return. Not his return, mind you. A timetable for his return. That sounds like he's at least a few weeks away from playing again.

Which sounds like code for the February 20th trade deadline. If he's still on the team after that day, the organization expects(hopes?) he'll get off his ass and earn his paycheck since at that point he's obviously not going anywhere.

14. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

They literally walked into the paint all game. All the Rockets did in response was chuck 3's.

15. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Well that was a complete breakdown. I don’t think any one player is at fault. In the end players are just cogs under a larger umbrella of coaching and directives from higher ups. Yes each player needs to take responsibility for their individual effort and games, but at the same time the context under which they play also has a big affect on how they perform.

Houston’s MO has to work to near perfection in order for them to beat the best teams. But it doesn’t take the best teams to throw a wrench in their MO. Against several teams now, their opponents’ bigs and defense have basically shut down Houston’s system. There have been many injuries and lineup changes which have slowed the building of team chemistry. But, I’m not sure how team chemistry would have gotten them out of these types of games, which will likely happen more often in the playoffs. In fact, I don’t think there’s much more team chemistry to build for the starting lineup as it stands now.

Looking forward to seeing the next game, which is against SA. The last time they played, Houston thoroughly beat one of the best perennial power houses of this league. In that game, Houston was missing their starting PG. This time around, Houston’s starting lineup is “complete”. SA will be missing one of their key pieces in Leonard. Will Houston repeat its performance against SA?

16. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Great B2B Rockets!!

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I stop listening after I read "Lin is on the same level as Dragic, Lowry". Dude after tonite, I'm convinced Jeremy Lin belongs in the d-league.

18. Deniz

Deniz Member

I have noticed today that most south-european players (mediterranean) play the center position
    gasol - spain
    koufos - greece
    asik - turkey
    bargnani - italy (c/pf)
    vucevic - montenegro

19. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

JVG> Adelman > McHale
    Why did Morey always chose the worst coach?

20. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Here's a bulletin for you..."we" includes the people who buy NBALP and go to games. How do you think the teams pay these outrageous salaries to these players.Think it's not "we" ? Try no money coming in from tickets,concessions,team merchandise, NBALP,etc.etc.

That's what's wrong...these guys are the show but try seeing how successful a show is w/o paying customers and get back to me.