1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2nd Round Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by The Real Shady, Jan 25, 2014.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Feel free to list any players that you would like the Texans to go for in the 2nd round. Obviously depending on which way the ultimately decide to go in the 1st will impact their needs in the 2nd.

Louis Nix - NT - 6'2 345lbs
    If Louis Nix slips to the 2nd he'll fit in nicely since the Texans are in the market for a true NT.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l5TL8LhOxdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trent Murphy - OLB - 6'6 252 lbs
    Put this guy at OLB and move Brooks Reed to ILB. Texans need to have someone else that can get pressure on the QB besides Watt.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LfKf8QsA6-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Nix will drop but it would be awesome if he did. I could see them looking for a QB in the second, but if they push it to the 3rd then I could see them going Shayne Skov if he drops and if they didn't plan on moving Reed inside.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Louis Nix is my favorite player in this draft for the Texans. He would be more help for this defense than Clowney out the gate.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be nuts if they got both. No O line would stand a chance.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd love Trent Murphy @ Sam. Ryan Kerrigan 2.0. Move Mercilus to Will and put Reed inside. The nice thing about Reed inside is that he has the one thing Cush doesn't - durability.

#5 Ottomaton, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dee Ford would be great if we don't get Clowney

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Tajh Boyd is really hurting his draft stock in the senior bowl right now, he looks awful.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see him as a second round talent, he's looking great in the Senior Bowl, but he got those sacks by being borderline offsides so I don't think it's enough to jump him up that high.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking of the Senior Bowl, this is probably the most talent Gus Bradley has ever coached.

10. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

If its Clowney in the first then a playmaker like Brandin Cooks would be nice.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They'd have to be VERY down on DeAndre Hopkins to spend a 2nd rounder on a WR.

12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I was thinking to play in the slot. This team has no speed on offense. Unless they think posey can come back from his injury and be that guy.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty early to pick a slot guy though. I think there are too many holes on the team to draft a slot corner that high. In the first several picks we need a pass rusher, a QB, NT, at least one O line pick, DB depth, potentially an ILB unless Brooks Reed is moving inside.....all of these things would go before a slot WR.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We need a tackle.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That'll depend on last year's draft class. We picked 2 potential RT's who were on the IR, if the coaches value one of those guys then they might not pick another RT. LG on the other hand....

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I really like Aaron Donald.

I doubt he will fall to the 2nd, but if he did & we drafted him I would jump for joy.

Donald next to Watt would be soo niiiiiice!

17. showa13

showa13 Member

Recent mocks have had Nix falling out of the first. If we get him with our first pick in the second round that would be a huge steal

18. Remii

Remii Member

Nix is a force of nature. He can carry 350 lbs easily.. J.J would lose his mind playing next to him. No more triple teams and more 1 on 1 match ups.

I don't see him lasting until the 2nd and he's a reason why I'm a big proponent of trading back and get a boat load of picks and drafting Nix in the 1st.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Stanley Jean baptiste if he runs a good 40 time because he won't last till 3rd round if he does run well

20. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know about Trent Murphy in the 2nd. Been hearing a lot of good things about him but if they don't take Clowney in the 1st _ they don't need to draft an OLB early. And Trent may not be better than what we already have.