1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

lol yikes. I admit I'm a Lin fan, but some of these hardcore Lin fans are super annoying and giving us more reasonable Lin fans a bad name. it's a vicious cycle because name calling and provoking is being done by both 'groups'

can't we all just get along.

2. Exel

Exel Member

I agree. We should ban LOFs for using bad grammar or having a weak command of the English language.

3. mikster

mikster Rookie

I like your post totally sums it up for me as well.

4. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Awe. I'm trying to control my emotion here. I'd like to say sth bad to you. But I don't want to go there.

You just prove my point. Ridiculous!

5. lfw

lfw Rookie

You want to ban LOFs with bad grammar and you can't even write a complete sentence? LMAO!!!!

6. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Exactly :grin: But just ignore him. We have a game to watch:grin:

7. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

We, LOF, have a game to watch :grin:

8. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

i don't think beverley is a starting caliber pg in the NBA

9. baki

baki Member

It gives people something to talk about I guess. If I look at over the course of 2-3 years, and what Lin and Bev have accomplished then the numbers are in Lin's favour. Add Brooks into the mix and it's still Lin.

I agree that his play hasn't been up to his expectations. Having watched every game play by play up to this one he is not really playing his game at all. So he overexerts when he gets an opportunity and gets injured. That said, I think Lin is fortunate enough to have gone through a number of injuries and still come out playing. He's still playing hard but tentatively which is smart considering how many other point guards are suffering injuries right now. We need Lin to stay healthy, but if he gets traded to another team and plays even better then it’s our loss. Lin has a knack for doing well against his old teams.
    Bev had a more developed college basketball experience but he was probably not the best player on his team, and he had practice games with future stars. Check out the Lebron James’ training camp video when he was playing with Harden. That helped tremendously if you wanted connections within the NBA circles. Lin had no such luxury.
    Bev was not the go-to guy in Europe either, he had to prove to the European league that he was a quality basketball player from America. He didn't become a John Wall, but he became invaluable as a hustling defensive player who could rebound and as a supportive teammate. Not surprisingly, this is how he’s playing now for the Rockets, and with Harden.
    Lin on the other hand had always been the best player on his teams in high school and college, so like a lot of players they had to make adjustments, sometimes from number 1 in college to number 10 in the NBA. On Lin’s first day with the Knicks he haven’t met his teammates, learned the plays or talked to the coach yet. Talk about steep learning curve! Lin came from the end of the bench ready to be shipped out to being a starter on a New York team. It was not because of New York training, nor was it because he suddenly grew talent overnight. He just had that resilient willpower and luck to step up when no one else was, more importantly he has the intelligence to learn quickly despite a lack of NBA experience.

Talking about under performing players, Casspi is probably the BEST Israeli player to come out of his country, can he do better than being a bench player? Absolutely. Nothing to do with under performing, just a lack of opportunity to play and get to know the game.
    Don’t know how he got through the lows of his career but it can only be with the support of his family, friends and friends in the NBA. He’s still buddies with his old teammates from Golden States and New York,so I don’t think he’s the soft or weak person that people make him out to be, otherwise we would have seen him cry during his lows and highs. Also, Lin has friends on the team playing for a contract or an NBA career, Bev and Parsons, I think he’ll be the first to support them seeing that he has already been through it.

I know we will do well this year but we’re not going to win a championship. Howard had a better lineup at Orlando and Lakers and couldn’t get it done, he is more or less here for the ride and getting paid. Harden was on a far more exciting team with a better chance for a championship but gave it up for money and all-star selection.

If the team administration only wants to “play trade” just to keep business going then don’t expect too much and enjoy the ride.

10. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

how many assists per game does Bev have. How many double digit assits game has beverley had this year. Lin has had at least two this year I believe.

It's not a bad stat. and it shows that lin is a bit careless with the ball, while being more aggressive. But that stat does not show that bev is a better basser when Bev can never make alley oop passes or no look passes to terrance jones, Iman Shumpert, etcetera.

11. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Pls. be patient. Let's give it a try before declaring it. PB is a young player. He will be inconsistent like many other younger players. It is a long season. Even veterans and the best players will have ups and downs .

12. ChippedToothLin

Our starters boys

13. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Proper spelling of 'Doktor' is 'Doctor' obviously you need some English lessons also :rolleyes:

14. Play07

Play07 Member

15. windwave

windwave Member

All of our PGs aren't starting material, that's the truth.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bevs D was outstanding.

DD

17. andersongo

andersongo Member

Fail thread.

1 person likes this.
  18. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Bev's older than Lin, though lol.

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

How's that?

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Bev is not a great shooter.

Lin is not a great shooter, has multiple mental lapses, gives away soft fouls, has the worst handles of any PG in the league, picks up his dribble in the paint and gets trapped, picks up his dribble in the paint for no reason, picks up his dribble at the 3 point line for no reason, is an average shooter, passive 85% of the time, makes the worst turnovers, inconsistent on D, always helps off his man one pass away ...