1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. nykb17

nykb17 Member

We need a closer. We really should look to trade with NY to get Melo or Brooklyn to get DWill.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

12-20 in the first half. 0-14 in the second. Turning off the three's is as easy as turning off a light switch.

3. ChippedToothLin

Last year was so fun to watch... :eek:

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Was the last 31-pt loss also on national tv?

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Push the ball in transition for fast breaks .... problem is, it was the 4th game in 5 nights, we didn't have the energy to do that.

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Yes. The last NBA record was 46 point differential. Now 54.

7. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

It would have been better to get blown out then to lose in such a terrible fashion.

8. The Jabberwock

It depends on what you measure...

The way you sorted them (totals) depends heavily on minutes (...) and you know how little minutes we give the bench, while we wear down our starters...

If you sort the benches by efficiency per 48 minutes,
    then our bench ranks somewhere closer to the middle (18th).

See here

Also - note that the site means "real" bench, i.e. coming off the bench - which means, for example, that Lin's production in the past few weeks is out of this calculation (he was a starter), just like Asik's production in the few games he played, etc

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Part of the big difference was that last year didn't carry the weight of lofty expectations. Having WCF expectations placed on you in the offseason and then (likely) not coming anywhere close tends to suck the fun out of things.

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea last year was the underdog story especially with the last second Harden trade bringing life back to the team.

This year it's big boy basketball needing to be played and expectations being as high make the low points lower.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

By your sig I guess you're a Knicks / NY fan but will you please stop with the "let's trade for Carmelo" posts? It won't happen.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Enough with the PnR with DH12 way at the top of paint. Like Kenny Smith commented last night, that he had never seen a C run so many PnR way at the top of the paint. DH12 should be posting down low or set PnR not from away of paint like he mentioned Blake Griffin does with the Clippers.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You never seen those Rockets teams before Scola and Artest score only 19 in a freaking half against a contender in the regular season game either. That sh** last night was embarrsssing.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm gonna give the team longer than half a season. Dwight needs to play like a beast he's been coasting for the last few games theirs no reason why he shouldn't be getting 18-20 and 12-15 boards every night. Harden is fine they took his shot away sure but he made pass after pass to get his teammates open looks. Plus he played pretty good defense. We need bev and asik back bad the bench is weak and our stud center while great is not the tough guy enforcer this team lacks that's why asik and bev are so important.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

4th game in 5 nights. I was amaze we shot that well in the 1st half... but actually, 21 of those 73 points were from brooks and dmo who haven't played much lately.

We have what, 35pts from 3pter in the 1st half and were up ONLY 14 while I think they made 1 3pter? If you just look at that, unless we keep up the 3pt shooting (most likely not), it was extremely likely they will make up the difference. Not only didn't we keep up the 3pt shooting, we ended up ~0% in the 2nd half (i can't even remember if we even hit a 3pt in the 2nd half).

It's bad, but not as bad as so many are making it out. Maybe my expectation was different (I thought it was going to be a close game at the end and actually likely that we would be trailing due to how INEFFECTIVE our paint game was last night).

1 person likes this.
  16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This is what I've been saying since last night. McHale likes to go with the hot hands, in this case, both DMo and Brooks were hitting everything. With Dwight in foul trouble and Lin struggling in the first half, McHale had to get DMo and Brooks out there in the second half. Both of those guys couldn't hit anything, then you add a few minutes of Casspi and Garcia, who haven't played decent basketball in quite awhile. Not to mention, Parsons, Harden, and Jones were clearly exhausted from the game before. It was the perfect sh** storm.

17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Dwight just needs to PnR that's all. His post ups work against less talented players. But in this case, the refs decided to swallow their whistles and let Perkins and douche face foul him all over the place.

18. chandlerbang21

Worst point disparity by half in nba history isn't bad to you? Glass half full ?

19. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I am convinced there was something wrong with the rim set up at Toyota center. The combined shooting % for both baskets was incredible. 0-18 or something from 3 on one basket, and 18-30 from 3 on the other.

20. chandlerbang21

I just watched the NBATV replay.All OKC did was collaspe the paint no matter who drove the the rim and played pressure defense at the 3pt line. Rockets had dwight and jones setting screens at the 3pt line because of the defense smh. If a rockets player went midrange they backed off into the paint daring the shot attempt