1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. kastuul

kastuul Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly I am not ready to say that. Lets see how the second half plays out and what trades/moves the Rockets make. If Beverly comes back with Asik and the Rockets add someone like Dunleavy and Patterson, I think we can probably compete well against OKC with Westbrook.

OKC is who and what they are, we know what to expect... this Rockets team is still figuring it out. Some of the issues can be easily fixed (bench) and others (intensity) cannot.

3. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Question to the coaches - When the opposing team put big bodies like Perkin and Ibaka to clog the lane and take out your penetration, and your 3 pointers are not fallen. What plans do you have?

Oh yea, we already know we don't shoot mid range

4. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Pretty much all the starters were playing PG. Dunno why Jones felt he had to bring the ball up numerous times.

5. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Whatever, if you think it's fine for this team's shooting guard getting zero pts on second half isn't any issue on this game. Keep blaming on others.

6. mbignfat

mbignfat Rookie

well, you can thank this guy for starting the Lin hate and pretty much single handedly turning this into a Lin vs xxx player once again...

once again LOH singling out Lin just to hate on the kid when pretty much the entire team sucked balls.

I've said it once somewhere here, LOF dont get stupdily crazy most of the time until an LOH comes around to stir things up...

7. wgray

wgray Member

man we ran out of gas you guys do rmber it was a back to back game right

8. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Dude,

The question was why was casspi out of the rotation.

I just answered that Mchale was riding the hot group that he played Dmo and Ab more

In this team of short rotations, what would that tell ya? Yep, Casspi and Lin won't have much playing time.

Well, Lin played in the end when it was a lost cause. Lol

I never said Mchale's move was the right one, did i?

9. pakattak

pakattak Member

Don't feed the trolls, then. Just ignore it if it's a dumb post.

10. arjun

arjun Member

if we can learn lessons from this..i'd rather be exposed and lose now than in april/may.

now its a quesiton of whether we can learn and grow from this disappointing loss.

11. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Yeah that hot group in the first half that became garbage on the 2nd. Lol

My point is if McHale is riding the hot group or the hot hands, the other players will see less playing time. See for example Ab and Lin on this game.

12. mbignfat

mbignfat Rookie

yeah... fortunately, it wasn't me who went full LOF activate mode :p

13. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Harden scored 46 on OKC last year.

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I ****ing hate the Thunder

15. YourSecretLover

oh please tmac and yao's team are better than the team we have now

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

The later Scola Artest teams I agree, but the Bowen Padgett squads probably have to disagree.

17. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

It was a more balanced team, and a more mature team obviously with veteran leadership. This team may get there though.

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

And that's because Yao and T-Mac were so much better than current Harden and Howard as the role players on the T-Mac's teams were putrid. The best SG and the best C in the league....just because all the other SGs and other Cs suck that much in a historically weak era for both positions. Harden got exposed once again the moment Scott Brooks made necessary adjustments to lock down the paint and the three-point line- no wide-open threes and no trips to the charity line effectively nullified Harden. You can expect more of the same in the playoffs against the truly elite teams. Howard is no longer the athletic beast from his Orlando days, everyone ****ing know that. But he has now revealed himself to be a softie too, getting punked by a 20 year old rookie. Truly embarrassing.
    I am no big fan of McSuccess; I've always put a large part of the struggles of the team on his laughingly inept coaching. I also blame Morey for not trading Asik and Lin as soon as possible to plug holes on the roster considering that the Rox's window for championship will close on the first hint of a major decline of Howard's atletic ability and is thus fairly small considering Dwight's age- every year should be made to count.
    However, in the event that McSuccess is fired and that the necessary trades go down, this team will still not be a serious contender if Harden and Howard do not improve in a major way. Lately on the GARM it has been Lin this and Lin that: why all this focus on a role player when the two supposed superstars are being regularly exposed as pretenders?

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Is he worthy of a championship roster?

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

There is no singular excuse for a 19 pt half after a 73 pt half. NONE.

Had higher expectation for this year. Guess we need to temper that for now and see what growth next year will bring.