1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

No excuses what so ever. We live and die by the three. We hit them in the first half, and missed them in the second, even the open ones. Howard had poor game, and Harden was 50-50. Cant win against elite squad in that manner. 11 games above .500, lets just put it behind us and keep gettin better.

2. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Darkness

I'm in a dark, dark place. Never seen anything quite like that game.

We put our eggs in the Howard basket, and I think it was worth a shot, but through as many games as we've played so far, I see no evidence that without a third piece outside of Howard/Harden we get anywhere near a championship.

We are so, so soft. Flaccid.

3. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

why can't I post?

4. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

I've been saying that in other threads man, and other posters were grilling me for believing in Dmo.

5. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

who is the mod?

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Team has a terrible bench...that McHale always keeps in too damn long at the wrong times. Brooks was useless in the 2nd half but was kept in til there was only 4 minutes left in the 4th. Garcia was also in too long, should have put Harden in sooner and tried to get him going, dude scored ZERO points in the 2nd half.

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I was at the bar earlier and ran into a friend who had this petrifying look on his face.

I asked, "What happened, Randy?"

Randy said, "I was taking a piss when this guy with a gun told me to blow him or he will blow my brain out."

I said, "What did you do?"

Randy said, "Rockets were not the only ones who sucked tonight!"

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

What we need is another shooting guard and just move Harden to the PG position.

10. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I agree that McHale won't be fired anytime soon. But I disagree with using injuries and bench play as an excuse for his piss poor coaching hallmarked by tonights debacle. This same injury plagued, horrible bench roster rang up 73 points in the first half. Let's not overlook that. The lack of adjustments has been a theme all year. It explains our issues with consistency. Can the bench be improved? No doubt, but this is still a talent filled roster relative to the rest of the league. Honestly any realistically attainable player is going to only improve the team marginally. Morey's done a fantastic job building this team. I don't feel that our talent is being fully utilized. And that falls on coaching.

11. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

He was awesome in the first half, but this is Brooks we're talking about. McHale thought he could play him considerable mins the 2nd half, and get the same production. If Brooks could consistently play like he did in the first half, he would be a starter in this league. He's a 3rd string, and there's a very good reason for that. You are happy when you get production out of him in limited minutes. If you increase those limited mins, you expose all his shortcomings. This seems to be a very simple idea for me, but gets lost in the genius mind of coaches like McHale. I also had a problem with Scott Brooks playing Fischer extended mins, but that helped the Rockets build up a lead.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahahahaha Jesus Christ.

At some point you just have to shake your head and walk away.

There's nothing left to say at this point about how bad/pathetic/woeful/*****ing incompetent Kevin McHale is as a head coach.

If Morey doesn't replace him in the offseason - I won't care less about him managing to bring Dwight here. What good is having superstars when you've got a coach which brings them down.

I will be utterly amazed if there's still McHale supporters within the organisation.
    And if there are I question how they have a job relating to basketball.

1 person likes this.
  13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

They just showed Shaq n a fool and I'm surprised we didn't make it

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Horrible coaching effort. Mchale has no ability to change a game with his coaching.

15. hlcc

hlcc Member

Since when did OKC without Westbrook become an elite team? Since losing Westbrook they've been terrible, losing to the nets, jazz etc

16. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

This .gif actually made me LOL

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Inside the NBA is fun..... I like Kenny on it, Ernie and CWebb.
    The other two should get off Howard's back.

Great player, great player and great player... that is not how you solve a problem.
    But seriously Morey has as much to do as before he got Harden and Howard.

Getting the right personnel, right coach, right tactics.
    Read and react does not apply to all players.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think McHale wants to play his bench players as much as he does, but what can he do? His starters played 40 minutes last night.

Look I am not saying McHale is Popovich but right now there isn't much that he can do. That bench is terrible and he has to play them some. Garcia, Brewer, Smith and Brooks shouldn't be in an Meaningful NBA game and all have had to be at different points. Hell Garcia is so bad we had to start Brewer with Parsons out... He scored 2 points in like 70 minutes.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

We've won 5 of our last 7 games

20. dayanm

dayanm Member

25/45 FG in first half
    7/36 FG in second half

OKC adjusted in the 2nd half, I guess rockets only heard "Let's go Let's go" from Mchale.