1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/15/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2014.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Good teams find a way to win :)

2. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

In his defense Gordon really isn't a scrub. Before his injuries when he was on the Clippers he was turning into a top SG.

3. conquistador#11

Blanka from streetfighter attacks again.

4. devin23

devin23 Member

THIS. He needs to take casspi's minutes. Casspi should really be playing the 3 and back up parsons, who's playing way too many minutes. Hence he's nagging injuries...

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Isn't a crossover...?

6. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

A dirty step back.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Tell ya, Harden's been practicing hard in that stripper club. Exquisite touch on Rivers.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Nawh wasn't hero ball, Calvin just talked about how he liked he didn't ISO down the stretch like he was doing earlier, they actually moved around then gave the ball to him when it was time for him to do something

9. autoprt

autoprt Member

i agree earlier in the year i would have turned this game off thinking it was a loss, all throughout i felt they had a chance especially when they got it to 8.

10. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

An ugly win. But it is a long season. Sometimes we have to win ugly.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

I wish we can ger Eric Gordon , D-Mo played great, TJ was a beast 6 blocks! Got that Antony Davis

12. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

With all these player injuries, right now Houston really has no adequate backups for any starting position, so the starters are playing some heavy minutes. When the starters are tired, and when the team is on the road, a productive bench really adds to a team’s success. But considering that Garcia, Casspi, Brewer, DMo, and Canaan are the options off the bench, that’s putting a lot of pressure on rotation management for coaching.

That little play with Harden & Lin close to the end of the game, to get Gordon off of Harden and onto Rivers, was a very nice call. It reminded me of the little PnRs that Harden & Lin would run last year to get each other open. I'm also impressed with Lin playing within their offense & defense...he's been steady in these last three games. TJones had another huge game (I really love his rebounding and blocks), and DMo did well with his minutes and was the only player to score off the bench. It’s the team’s fourth road game in a row, and considering how shorthanded they are, I was expecting a loss. So I want to credit both the players and coaching for squeezing out another win.

OKC lucks out AGAIN and gets another game tomorrow night against Houston on very tired B2B after four games on the road.

1 person likes this.
  13. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

The Rox had been consistent. Consistently making it so hard against lesser teams. lolz.:rolleyes:

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

All the Rockets did was run around in circles and give it to Harden who bailed them out repeatedly at the end.

Not complaining, literally every team with a star closer would have done the same thing.

15. macho87

macho87 Member

That looks like IPSAC's hooker

16. theREALDEALkid

James Harden has the same competitive spirit Michael Jordan has, and that last jumper was just a re-embodiment of it.

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Canaan showed a whole lot of nothing tonight. Expected a bit more.

18. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

It is a designed play, not a predictable hero ball ISO play by JH. I really like the high p&n btw. JH and Lin. We run a lot of those last season. It usually works to our advantages.

19. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Actually to be honest, i really like Davis. That would be a awesome TT with DH. And the Pelicans did give the Spurs a hard time with 101-95 in their last meeting.

If any team is fielded in the league, there's always a chance a scrub team can go off as they are still legit players in their own right.

If the above is true, lets kill OKC the next game. Really wanna win bad against them all the time.

Now wheres the manga of Harden still looking for a win against the thunder?

20. bongman

bongman Member

This is why +/- is so unreliable. How can Gordon have a -1 ?