1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

A few interesting observations:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Jan 12, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

McHale sucks - no amount of cherry picking stats will change how horrible he is as a head coach.

Carry on in this delusion.

DD

1 person likes this.
  2. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Should've just left out the whole Morey thing, lol.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

None of the usual suspects fits that description that I know of. Do you have any names to suggest?

4. SPBR

SPBR Member

Wait... So there's a chance that the famed Rockets analytics department, which Morey refuses to discuss, could just be Morey crowdsourcing clutchfans?:eek:

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lol, ouch.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Nice use of a completely unsupported opinion to make a nonexistent case DD. You should be proud.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You are the most interesting character on this whole site. Try as Ronny might, he falls short.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

No. Definitely not. A stats degree is the minimal requirement I imagine. I only have a math degree.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am guessing that was not a compliment. If it was not I am totally OK with it.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Oh, it is substantiated, I just don't feel like sharing it with lay people like you.

Now how does that feel? To be out arroganted?

Pretty lame schtick you have going on here, IMO...

DD

1 person likes this.
  11. roadstone

roadstone Member

Hello Daryl! If you're reading this :p

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

OK. Be like that. You can be butt hurt over 30 words I wrote in an aside to a 400 word post on various topics. It was nothing I was going to share any details about anyway. I made that completely clear in the original post.

13. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Even though the tone of jtr's post might rub some people the wrong way, this thread is a LOT more useful than the speculative, knee-jerk bull**** that we get on the GARM on a day-to-day basis. This thread doesn't deserve a 2 star rating...

1 person likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Never mind - those stats are interesting even if your posting style is horrid.

DD

15. Nook

Nook Member

Basic statistical analysis screwed up and pointed out by numerous posters... You really have no reason to be arrogant or flippant. At a minimum understand under graduate level variables or be as creative as basketballholic...

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thank you. I have gotten beyond caring about stars. I generally just try to disseminate information. Take care.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I do have a math degree as well as a couple of others. I did use IBM SPSS statistical packages when I was competing in Kaggle data mining and analysis contests. I currently use MiniTab, at about 20% of the price of SPSS. And yes I am sometimes calculate the p-value of my underlying analyses to determine if they reach statistical significance.

You are quoting basketballholic accomplishments to me??? Man I have need a higher bar to jump over than a line in the sand. Could you put basketballholic on some support like a stack of 10 quarters?

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And so since I have started many threads, what statistics do you think are screwed up in this one?

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You probably should have squeezed in some English lessons in there somewhere too.

DD

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

General Murray: Salute! If you're insubordinate of me, Lawrence, I shall put you under arrest.
    T.E. Lawrence: It's my manner, sir.
    General Murray: Your manner?
    T.E. Lawrence: Yes. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't really.
    General Murray: No. I can't make out whether you're bloody bad-mannered or just half-witted.
    T.E. Lawrence: I have the same problem, sir.