1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. jms99

jms99 Member

wait... you think if someone makes highlight plays they belong in the NBA?

I don't judge him on his lows. But the lows do matter. He doesn't belong in the league, and I have thousands of reasons.

I also think Harden isn't that good. That's just my opinion though. It's possible they can both improve. But at the moment, they don't impress me. They can be replaced with a lot of people.

2. jms99

jms99 Member

These are my opinions. and I respect other people's opinions also.

I don't think Lin or Harden have high basketball IQ and both cost way too much for their value. If he wants to make money and provide value, Europe and China are good places.

People don't seem to understand what high basketball IQ is. That is kind of infuriating.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin gets out of control. I just wish he was a smarter PG in many situations.

If he isn't used in a trade, I am very excited to see him as our 6th man again. He can carry our bench and find openings for Garcia and Casspi.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I see what you're saying.

Actually I think the Euro-league would be an interesting option for him since the top teams also want to get some of that Chinese/Taiwanese market. It might be a viable option when his contract is up and he has a better offer there. If that team allows him to play as a full-time dominate PG, he can work on his weaknesses and try to get back into the NBA later.

Only way I see him going to China is if he's all out of options and just wants a pay day. Any player that plays well in the D-League would dominate in China.

With that said, I disagree that he's not meant for the NBA. I think there's a number of teams that would offer him a backup spot at a cheaper price.

5. Little General

Well then explain to us why Lin doesn't belong in the NBA and why you think Harden is not that good?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Obvious troll post is obvious

7. TheJet

TheJet Member

This tells me you're either trolling or have an agenda. You're either too biased to admit Harden is a very talented player or you're just stirring stuff up for fun.

And yes, if a player has enough talent and skill to make great plays against world class competition he probably belongs in the league. And don't kid yourself, even the worst NBA players have serious game. They just don't stack up with the freaks at the top.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The 4 assists, 3 turnover ratio is what bothers me most. I had always hoped that he could be a 9 assist, 3 turnover guy.

9. jms99

jms99 Member

I don't think the worst NBA players have serious game. I think the absolute WORST playres in the NBA probably have size and athleticism and not much else.

if you pick out the 5 worst players in the game right now, you'll probably find size and athleticism... will you find skills or high bball iq? it's possible, but i doubt it if they are the worst in the league.

10. yummyhawtsauce

Have to keep in mind he is supposed to be a scorer this year and pass less, but because of injuries his role is kind of fluctuating quite a bit. but his jump in air passes make me mad, and stoppin ghis dribble.

11. TheJet

TheJet Member

Here's a bolt statement for you. The five worst NBA players are probably better than the vast majority of college and a good chunk of the overseas teams. You make a valid point that size and athleticism are a big part of why guys make it. Ya know what? Our SG in high school was 5'8" and had a ridiculous jump shot and crazy court IQ. He was unstoppable. Zero division one scholarship offers. Zero chance of playing pro. You can have all the skill in the world but if you don't have NBA size and athleticism you probably won't make it.

You hear this all the time with college and the NFL. "FSU could beat the Texans, blah blah". Please. People that say stuff like that and really believe it are sorely mistaken.

12. baki

baki Member

Tough situation makes character, Lin could have easily thrown a hissy fit like some of the current/former players not getting playing time but he is riding it out patiently. He certainly has more patience than most people! I think Lin has enough friends and supporters on the team to feel great about being a part of the Houston team. Same with all the other guys.

1 person likes this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah when a guy can handle losing 1.2 minutes per game it's something we should stand up and applaud.

14. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Besides Paul, Curry, Parker and a healthy Rondo, who else is that?

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

How about Vasquez or Lowry or Dragic?

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lin is a quality bench player. Nothing more.

17. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

He lost 28 minutes, compared to an average game, in the game in which he was injured after 4 minutes. (He didn't miss any games due to injury last year, but I may not be remembering an early exit due to injury.) Since he has played 28 games, that's 1.00 of the missing minutes per game. If I'm being fair in disregarding these 28 minutes, being "demoted" has resulted in the loss of eleven seconds per game playing time. Unless, of course, the injury cost him some game time later . . . Then it's less.

If the entire goal was to use him to lead the second unit without lowering the number of minutes played per game, it couldn't have been done any better.

18. jms99

jms99 Member

well, what do you mean by "better"? The five worst guys in the NBA, in my opinion, are pretty bad. But by bad i mean in terms of skills and shooting and bball iq.

19. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Remember, Lin has no obligation to do what is best for the Rockets. Look no further than Asik.

20. jms99

jms99 Member

what does "very talented" mean? Does it mean max money? If it does, I don't think I'm alone in thinking that he's not worth it. It's not a rare or absurd position to have.