1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Go out and buy a lottery ticket, Ijolmes is praising Lin.:)

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Great win by the Rockets. Yes, I will call it a great win because the Wizards took the lead and then we came back and won. What I'm most concerned about with this team is Howard's free throw shooting. Come playoff time Howard will need to make free throws under pressure. This concerns me.

But hey, it's a win tonight and I'm happy. Now lets go win in Boston.

Get well soon Chandler.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

4. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Spiegel is undoubtedly one of the worst posters on clutchfans. At least another Lin hater here, lospolloshermanos, occasionally sees the truth and praises Lin. An asian dude must've bullied spiegel and taken his lunch money as a kid or something.

5. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

how people can still defend Kevin McHale after this BS is hilarious.
    Transition Defense - Terrible
    Defensive Scheme Terrible
    Offensive game plan - Terrible
    Late Game execution - Terrible

This dude needs to be fired already, enough excuses. I can't count how many times Harden has had to bail us out because of terrible coaching

6. SexyButIgnorant

And I'm not sure why everyone is ragging on Dwight's post play. The dude just had a really crappy 4th quarter. Before that, everyone was worshiping his much-improved post play. He literally took all his defenders to school. Seraphin just managed to catch him at a time where Dwight had 5 fouls so had to be a lot more subdued. Dwight eventually managed to control the post again.

7. tonman

tonman Member

the rockets made only 4 shots in the 2nd half, 2 of those were assisted.

8. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Bottom line is that this team does not have all the pieces it needs right now. Obviously we have key players injured but we need upgrades on the bench in addition to getting healthy. Not sure any other coach would have a better record with this team as it is and with all the injuries we've had, which is why I still see McHale as a good coach for us right now. I think some people just like to have a scapegoat, makes them feel better to just focus on the coach rather than looking at the whole picture.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah....but Clutch is a borderline LOH (deep inside).:grin:

10. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Who the freak is Seraphin and how in the world did he torched the Rockets?

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Howard, lin, harden all played well or the majority of the game but jnes and arden were the match winners. Casspi for me deserves a lot of he credit as well.

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

T Jones would be better for us off the bench. Get Milsap in here to start please.

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Wall is the fastest in the league and this has been tested and documented. No one can stop him at full speed unless with a foul. Also NBA rules have been leaning to the offense to prop up the scores of games, as the announcers said tonight.

We need better team defense to stop super fast drivers like Wall. Lin gets a lot of praise for being "deceptively fast" too. This is why he is among the top of the league on scoring and assisting on drives.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

He's working with more than a lot of coaches out here. You're getting elite production from the center/sg position. When Parsons is there, that is above average production. TJOnes is inconsistent, overall i'll give you below average. Bev/Lin have given you at worst average play

Tell me what McHale actually does when you say "he's done well"
    A) Does he draw up plays after timeouts? Nope
    B) Make defensive adjustments/schemes? Nope
    C) Make smart substitutions and keep players fresh and in rhythm? Nope...these guys are gonna get gassed at this pace by the playoff time
    D) Work with the big men on post play? D12 is inconsistent at best when he's posting.
    E) Get the team ready/prepped and geared to go at the start of the game? Nah, more often than not Rockets start slow.

SO what does he actually do? THe Rockets are winning on talent, the coach isnt doing a very good job maximizing it. If he does a good job with what he has, then where would you put Hornacek? Stotts?

15. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Casspi should have got Garcia's minutes

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

This actually made me chuckle for some reason.

17. SexyButIgnorant

He was outrunning and outhustling the Rockets the whole 4th quarter. He also had Howard on him who had 5 fouls.

18. platypus

platypus Member

Who arden?

[​IMG]

19. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Lottery ticket? I'm bracing for the end of days!

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah Millsap doesn't have bad games or quarters. How many points did he have in the first quarter against us yesterday?