1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Well, since you like stats....

17.8 PPG 12.9 RPG 1.8 BPG
    10.1 PPG 11.7 RPG 1.1 BPG

Nah, you're right. Im too naive.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you'd rather let the team falter in OT?

3. yummyhawtsauce

Share spreadsheet.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I didn't get to watch the game. I just assumed he was hurt. He's typically the first guy off the bench and probably the best player off the bench too.... sometimes.

5. afk

afk Member

I think it was a pass to Howard. I think. My jaw dropped when I saw that possession and that happened. :(

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, I would rather have watched the Rockets play in overtime, because that gives them a chance to win.

7. yummyhawtsauce

The problem with this is that he didn't take the next one when he could have nad passed it up. He needs that IDGAF killer instinct like Linsanity or whenever he faces the knicks. on this team he feeels like he has to pass the ball or something god it pissing me off

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Offensively, Dwight is night and day above Asik but I'm still not sure on the defensive side. I don't really see this team playing any better defensively and the numbers does hint this as well.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I didn't hear anything about him being hurt. 6 minutes for Casspi, while Cisco gets 23 and Brewer 25 -- I'm scratching my head on that one.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's a "positive" you took from tonight's game? Seriously? I would say that you are far beyond being cautiously optimistic.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Watching guys like Korver, Curry and Gerald Green makes me wish we had a couple of players who had the nuts to get the ball, acknowledge an open look, and JUST SHOOT THE DAMN THING. I don't mind misses as much if you have the balls to get a good shot off quickly.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not today given our play before Overtime. On any other day yeah.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I feel like Jones never learns from his mistakes. Why the hell are you jumping at the same as Dwight who's trying to block the shot? Box out and get the rebound. BOX OUT.

14. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

All I can say is OKC in three games.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Are you talking about the one where he left DeMarre Carroll with 1:57 left? It was a bad play. Not sure why Lin decided to collapse on Millsap when Harden and Howard were still between a driving Millsap and the basket. Left Carroll wide open.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, he doesn't get called out by CF's but its true. He does that crap way too often. He makes great plays at times but he goes after rebounds like nobody's business. He is still learning so he gets a pass for the most part.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nothing new. Lin continues to make such boneheaded plays game in game out leaving someone wide open for a 3 by over helping. I don't believe he is that dense between the ears but this happens far too often.

18. chandlerbang21

or maybe its the players fault?

19. Albinoswordfish

Are people seriously going to blame Lin for this game? Lin was barely handling the ball in the 4th quarter at all. Harden and Brooks were taking terrible shots and turning the ball over.

The root of the problem for the Rockets is that they have no offensive system. It's basically give it to Harden/Brooks/Lin and let them go. They need to run actual plays for Harden/Howard/Lin/Brooks to give them easy looks rather then trying to take on the whole defense by themselves. It feels very disorganized in late game situations right now.

20. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Holy crap was this a crappy game. Lazy passes all over the place!