1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Euro-cross on Kelly GIF Request

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jan 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I hate to sound greedy, but can we get a gif of when he first receives the outlet pass.. instead of when he gathers.. I wanna use it as a sig..

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This is a travel....

[​IMG]

3. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

Its not a travel. And even if it was technically a travel, it's one that is almost NEVER called in the NBA. Why was this even a discussion?

4. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

[​IMG]

There you go.

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Alrighty, I can't post gif in my posts, so better share a link to it. Sorry for the double posts.

http://minus.com/i/bjL0s0Q7nG3dy

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Man he got euro'd.

7. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

That wasn't a travel for sure. Two steps ahead of basket. crystal clear

Jerry

8. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

This gif cracks me up badly:grin:

9. PhiSlammaJamma

In the Portland Playoff series in 93 I recall Olajuwon stealing the ball and dunked from what seemed like half court. One of the greatest non travel calls in my lifetime.

10. roksoer

roksoer Member

I was convinced it was a travel until I saw that photo on the previous page, great job. Must be hell for the officials.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

On the blacktops of Michigan, Mississippi, and Texas that is a travel all day and James would have to give that up or another game wouldn't be played.

12. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Thanks Bro!! Much appreciated

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Not a travel, he took two steps

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You get two steps AFTER you gather the ball. He hasn't gathered the ball yet - technically he is still dribbling the ball there since he only has one hand on it and the ball is still in motion (not being palmed). His right foot is being planted.

He gets two more steps after that which is all he took. Not a travel.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Why would you want to look at this move again? It's clearly a travel. I love James' euro-step, but I certainly don't want to repeatedly watch an illegal move that was missed by the refs.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

It's not a travel, he gathered with the first step brought the ball across his body with the second and finished. If you think that's a travel you either don't know the rules of basketball or you don't know how to count.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol at the people calling it a travel...

i swear you guys dont know chit about bball

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Clearly you are blind, he picked up his dribble, foot came down, then took two additional steps. That's a travel. It doesn't matter if it's close to being on the ground, it's a travel. It was missed by the refs, but sure, I don't know anything about basketball and I never passed kindergarten so my counting skills cease at 2.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Never mind, watched the video of it. Check the video in the harden lakers highlights threads, shows multiple angles, slowed down. And it looks like he took three steps. The first one is very hard to catch.

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

The Rockets' broadcast had a perfect angle last night from the baseline, you can clearly see where Harden stops dribbling, lands, and then takes two steps. When you pick up your dribble, your steps begin, not when you land, they get away with it because it's too hard for the ref to catch in real time. It's a smart play, but most of the time the Euro step is a travel by the book. We all know games are never called by the book.