1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Euro-cross on Kelly GIF Request

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jan 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

This. After gather I only saw 2 long steps. Really long steps. This was a perfectly executed Euro-step.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No travel.

3. ling ling

ling ling Member

A perfect Euro-step is when you can fool a lot of people to believe it's a travel.

1 person likes this.
  4. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

That wasn't a travel lol.

5. conquistador#11

it's my favorite move, sexier than the cross over and jump step combined, manlier than the the quack or crab dribble.

i thought kelly pulled a harden and just got out the way so he wouldn't get the foul, which he would been called for surely.

6. Little General

Jeremy felt sorry for the rookie at 3:09 mark lolol
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ULdZRIGEovY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

[​IMG]

Okay, it was a travel as you can clearly see he already grabbed the ball with both hands while his right foot was planted.

1 person likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what? that would be definitive proof if his right foot wasn't on the floor yet. That photo doesn't show when the right foot planted.

again, if the right foot is planted before he grabs the ball with both hands, it's not a travel. How does that photo prove when he grabbed the ball vs planting the right foot.

you need to move that photo back to show when the right foot *was not* planted.

#28 heypartner, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

If you replay the clip in slow-mo, you will notice he grabbed the ball slightly before his right foot was planted, it's almost simultaneous. Then he euro-stepped Ryan Kelly on that play. (I think that's why Ryan Kelly jumped to the wrong side.)

In fact, it's a tough call there, I would say 80/20 the refs would call it a travelling violation. Guess he was just lucky on that fastbreak.

10. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

[​IMG]

There you go. This was right before his right foot was planted.

1 person likes this.
  11. heypartner

I have replayed it and slow-mo/stop mo. I disagree. I see the gather after the right foot planted. I could be wrong, but your still photo proves nothing. We need to see a photo of the split second BEFORE his right foot hits the ground.

And this is another reason why I don't think he traveled. Because he was facing a rookie and knew it. There was nothing lucky about him scoring. He wanted to embarrass the rookie. He could have scored many ways, but decided to plan the Euro-step move and embarrass the rookie.

You make it sound like the rookie forced him into a travel. lol

As ling ling said a few post above:

A perfect Euro-step is when you can fool a lot of people to believe it's a travel.

12. heypartner

dude...this proves it is not a travel. He does not have two hands on the ball.

Awesome photo. You can see the right foot is going to hit at the very same time he gathers. STEP zero. He gets two more steps.

That is an awesome photo of a perfectly executed "late gather." Of course he could do it, because he planned it for the rookie.

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

From my perspective, he picked up his dribble before his right foot was planted, and then the very same time when he fully gathered, his right foot hit the floor. I would say that's step 1, and then to the left another step.

I don't know, I could be wrong, but it looks quite close to a travel in my opinion.

14. heypartner

I already repped J.Will.Xu for those two photos. Just wanted to say publicly, thanks so much for the effort to post those photos. I asked if someone could post a still photo and you delivered!! so awesome. Did you rip them from your own video?

I'll even compromise and call it palming the ball....haha.

cheers!

15. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Agree to disagree! haha, I did rip them from my own video, since I couldn't find a clip of better quality on YouTube, I snapped and posted them myself. ;)

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

i like how casspi pushes jordan hill at the end of the gif lol

17. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The little boy is Harden, the woman is Ryan Kelly...Rodman23 do your thang!

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I hadn't even noticed that lol. I approve.

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Seriously, in a league where officials allow traveling regularly and we are talking about this may or may not be a travel.

To me it looks like he picks up his dribble with his right foot down, steps left, right then lays it up.