1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry, anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 5, 2014.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

exactly, he was super butthurt about Goran Dragic starting over him after he returned from injury, very similar to how Brooks got butthurt after Lowry took Brooks' starting sport after Brooks returned.

Good thing Lin isn't that butthurt about Beverlay

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

My favorite part is the huge unspoilered picture that almost broke the page.

3. conquistador#11

you mean there is no rudy gay. I love how lowry plays great d that he is able to always contain patrick beverley for 31 points and 20 + last season. =/

actually would love to have lowry and dragic if it meant no mchale.

4. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Lowry is finally flourishing now that Gay is gone. Why would he want to come and play with Harden (and McHale).

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Sad that his relationship with McHale is the main thing keeping us from making an effort

In a functional sense, he'd be a perfect fit

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Because Harden isn't an inefficient chucker like Gay.

Lowry is pretty much what this team needs. A skilled bulldog. Too bad the bridge is burned.

7. bws

bws Member

So Lin scores 31 points on Toronto with Lowry guarding him at times on 17 shots going to the line 9 times and this team needs Lowry? The fish are always prettier in the other pond after you let them go at CF.

And I'm sure Toronto remembers Lin scoring the game winning 3 on Calderon too. Maybe he should go to Toronto, maybe it's a place where they may recognize what they have.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lowry >>>>>> Lin

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nobody in their right mind in toronto or Houston thinks Lin is better than Lowry at the moment

source, I live in Toronto, most think he's overpaid and will never do what he did during Linsanity ever again.

10. bws

bws Member

He scored the 31 against Toronto in November as a Rocket. In objective data he is elite in a few categories and you don't even know what you have with this player yet.

11. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

lateral move.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that has nothing to do with what I said. You are acting like he isn't appreciated here and should go somewhere else which is funny because the rest of league have an even lower opinion of him.

I keep reading stuff like people wanting Lin to go to another team where they will "recognize his talent" when in reality not a lot people want him.

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

NBA Win Shares Leaders:
    1. Durant
    2. Paul
    3. James
    4. Love
    5. George
    6. Curry
    7. Lowry
    8. Lillard
    9. Griffin

Some other notables: Nowitzki (13); Aldridge (14); Harden (15); Dwight (16); Cousins (30); Parker (42); Wade (50); Irving (59)

1 person likes this.
  14. Play07

Play07 Member

I see this alot of CF rockets fans trying to compare "short leash" LIN that plays with the most ball dominant guard in the NBA, to other PGs in the NBA that run their offense, play more mins, touch the ball every play, & have the green light from their coach. You just cant do it with LIN being the 4th option on team. A good way to compare him as a rocket to these other players are his numbers when harden doesnt play and when he is the primary ball handler. Im sure someone has those numbers I dont. But here are the numbers their numbers this year even tho theyre in different roles.

Lowry 37mins / 12fga / 38% from 3 / 42% fg / 7.6 asst / 2.2 TO

Lin 29mins / 9 fga / 37% from 3 / 48% fg / 4.2 asst / 2.8 TO

15. bws

bws Member

I don't want Lin to go anywhere. Lin's played well against Toronto so I expressed there may be some people there that might appreciate what he can do based on that. I don't want him traded anywhere. With Lin and Bev, I think the PG position is fine. The areas that need help need to be addressed and just let the young PGs improve rather than hoping some mythical floor general will change the offense when Harden plays the way he does and that will limit what the PG does. Harden is the center of the team and it's working for the most part and may need some tweaking, but the ball goes through him a lot. So comparing what Lowry is doing vs. Lin is pointless. We don't know what Lin would play like now if the ball went more through him than Harden except for a few games where he excelled.

16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

For reference, here's where our roster ranks in total Win Shares:

Harden: 15th
    Dwight: 16th
    Parsons: 21st
    Jones: 63rd
    Lin: 106th
    Beverley: 131st
    Casspi: 147th
    Garcia: 184th
    Brooks: 200th

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Nice surface level analysis, man.

18. Razsan

Razsan Member

Agreed that especially next year, he's overpaid but you want to compare a player that us ALLOWED to play his position to a guy that's in an offense that a 3rd grader designed????
    McHale to Lin - "Dribble past half court and give the ball to someone who will likely not give it back you and go to the corner"
    Lin to McHale - "But Coach, I thought I was the point guard?"
    McHale - "What's a point guard?"

19. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

The rest of the league really doesn't have a lower opinion of him. Coaches from other teams clearly try to game plan for Lin. Where do you see that the rest of the league has lower opinions? Or are you just saying that?

20. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

+1 to this. I like our PG situation with Bev and Lin. Also nice to have Brooks on the bench just in case. Lowry has a different role with much more freedom than Lin does. We have Harden and other great players that play a different way than Toronto.