1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. tada

tada Member

McHale read trade rumors and wants Deng. He's trying to force Morey's hands.

2. CCM721

CCM721 Member

To act like Dwight and Lin are the same caliber of player is laughable. Superstars get preferential treatment in the NBA, and for good reason.

3. Apache

Apache Member

I'm praying for it to happen

4. gene18

gene18 Rookie

McHale has trouble thinking out of the box. He goes with Harden and Parsons for over 40 minutes a game. My daughter could do that.

5. cloudng8

cloudng8 Member

How is Howard's body language? Seems that he barley gets any touches in the second half. Do you think that's going to start ome friction?

6. bws

bws Member

No, Jeremy play your game, do your best. I think Lin should have a man to man talk with McHale and tell him flat out he doesn't appreciate what he did. Jeremy should own up to his bad defense in this game. This was unjustified (not listening to the LOF crap, it's just noise) and Lin should just get mad and curse if he has to but tell McHale that was a load of horse manure what he pulled.

7. real_egal

real_egal Member

If Lin is garbage, we would be lucky to get some expiring bad contracts back. And yet, we want a lot more quality in return.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

McHale is a "panic" mode about winning so that's probably why he plays his two most trusted players (Parsons and Harden) so many minutes, thinking it will lead him to more wins. Portland is much better this year because their bench got better....Rockets looks to be heading the other way. 13 points from your bench isn't going to cut it very much.

9. tonman

tonman Member

or maybe because in all honesty, the Rocket's best team is having Lin a PG and if you're not going to develop him and have trust in him during the regular season, you can forget about him in the playoffs.

he was the offense in the first half and a few bad sequences and he's benched because the group (it also included Greg Smith, Frank Garcia, and AB) got them back into the game but I saw Jones and Dwight back in the game.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>J.R. Smith says he thought the Knicks were down 2 when he took the ill advised three. &quot;That's bad basketball IQ on me,&quot; he said.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/419318933569556482">January 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>JR said he thought <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Knicks&amp;src=hash">#Knicks</a> were down two &amp; thought he had a good look to take the shot. He did see Tyson saying to stop, but too late.</p>&mdash; Tina Cervasio (@TinaCervasio) <a href="https://twitter.com/TinaCervasio/statuses/419319349863006208">January 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    :grin:

11. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Member

If McHale pissed off Dwight, McHale is the one getting the pink slip. That's how most coaches are with superstars.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Because the majority posts of sirken is about lin. Combine that with his join date and it is not all that hard to figure out what his motives are.With all their whinning and crying you would have have thought McHale benched Michael Jordan.:rolleyes:.

We won, we bounced back after a bad loss and instead of being somewhat pleased all their posts are lin related. They have ruined this site. Anyway, i'm happy we on and i'm out. I cant take reading utter garbage anymore for tonight.

13. real_egal

real_egal Member

I bet he doesn't know what IQ stands for.

14. tonman

tonman Member

San Antonio doesn't play anyone over 31 mpg on average. We have McHale playing Harden and Parsons 44 mpg. It's fine now. What happens at game 82+?

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Let me start by saying I am a Lin fan HOWEVER, Lin has a tendency to take one step forward then two steps back. He will hit a big three then boom careless turnover, play solid defense get a steal then BOOM airball layup. He is not as inconsistent as last year but when he looks bad he looks bad. Mchale takes Lin out when he does something wrong because he can afford to, there is no replacement who will play at the same level as Harden or Chandler when they mess up so they stay in. If Lin messes up we have Brooks and Beverly.

16. tonman

tonman Member

NY KNICKS 10-22

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I LOL'd. Here's to hoping you don't get perma banned.

18. bws

bws Member

I agree with benching him in the 3rd. But he should have been back in at the 8 minute mark in the 4th along with Dwight. I want to hear Dwight's comments on the game. I don't think he's happy right now. He didn't play great but he was trying to get in a groove that just didn't happen for him.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I bet he couldn't even spell it.

20. kingroxfan

kingroxfan New Member

Jeremy lin needed to come out in the 3rd quarter. He had about 3 out of control moves in a few minutes trying to be to aggressive. Obviously the reason Harden stayed in was because he was the only one scoring for us at the time and really again he kept us in the game. Jeremy really needs to understand when to be aggressive and when to be calm, he gets to aggressive sometimes and makes plays out of a rush of adrenaline it seems when there is an simpler alternative such as a pass.

1 person likes this.