1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

You want your players to be confident. By doing this, you simply destroy your players confidence. If Lin played bad defense, you benched him and let him know what he did wrong. Then you put him back in. This is how players learn unless you do not trust that player would learn. The conclusion is that McHale doesn't trust Lin. So there is no conspiracy anymore....

2. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Shumpert and Harden are not the same player and do not have the same role. Harden has the role that melo plays except he distributes and creates for others more.

3. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Dwight seemed disinterested the whole game. In fact it was like he was just going through the motion. I definitely agree something is wrong.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He is tired of not getting the ball, plain and simple. As soon as he gets position give it to him. Harden and Chandler act like it's the hardest thing in the world, they take forever to get it to him and he has to re-position himself most of the time far away from the basket or he gets in a bad position misses and then they go away from him next play.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Howard was expecting us to be rivaling Portland and Spurs for that 2nd place under the sun.

Now we have to be worried about the 5th or 6th place. Of course he is going to be pissed if we have problems beating the Knicks, a team in disarray couple games ago.

6. Dementium

Dementium Member

Dwight came in at the 6 minute mark. I am not sure what AB was doing well before that then.

And if I recall, AB got him the ball twice in those 6 minutes. The rest was Harden isos or AB fadeaway jumpers.

7. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

I can't stand watching Harden's hero-ball either, even when he's making his shots. The only thing worse than watching a ball hog is playing with one.

8. novaman

novaman Member

Bingo^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

9. Play07

Play07 Member

What happened ?

10. The Jabberwock

No.
    No idea! He was pretty good really!
    Made 5 pts in 6 minutes at 67% shooting, and the team went back from -4 to take the lead,
    and then he got no more court time, though Garcia was bad and Jones mediocre...

I don't think he was hurt, so this is really strange... :rolleyes:

Same with Lin (no court time in the last 20 minutes or so), though he was at least benched with some reason...

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If lin played in the last minutes and we won, I cant bet youthat they all would be jumping up and down with the win regardless of how we won.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No, they got an 8 point lead even due to that. Harden was keeping us in there. Best player of the game easily.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man are yall watching this post game? The hell was going on. Felt like Bill was going to say "My N***az" lmao

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol I was just about to say something. What the hell is Bill thinking? I don't think he really said anything terrible, in fact I bet off air they make jokes like that with each other, but kinda questionable to do it on live tv.

15. sun12

sun12 Member

Asik is better, but still, you sit Dwight for a while to let him know, then you should put him back in.

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You are a fool. This isn't high school basketball for crying out loud.

Go find a Lin message board, sick of hearing this low bball IQ, attention seeking crap.

Take off your tin foil hat and disappear.

1 person likes this.
  17. lin00

lin00 Member

Lin was actually playing well in the beginning of 3Q and feed James for couple of nice looking 3. He was having a hard time fighting off screen later. You can sit him down but benched him the whole 4Q? Rockets won because of the Knicks have more boneheads (led by JR Smith). Brooks almost blew it. He is like 1-5, 4 fouls, 2 TOs in the 4Q. Jeremy Lin, listen to me, call in sick next time cause the stupid coach does not value your game/value *at all*.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Both T Jones and Parsons had more rebounds than Dwight. Wow

19. Dementium

Dementium Member

He basically gift wrapped the last possession to us. If he had waited Knicks would have had the last possession.

Worst result for them would be OT.

20. ths balla

ths balla Member

then the hose going to commercial with "my brothers" :eek: hope someone has video of the postgame lol