1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. nchan

nchan Member

Maybe I should start calling him Mcfail. Brook's doing basically nothing yet Jeremy benched the whole 4th quarter. Oh well, a win is a win. But wow, seems like Mchale's trying hard to lose us the game.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wouldn't go quite that far lol, but I hear ya. I have just come to expect that around here nowadays, nothing you can do but shake your head.

3. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

his gameplan final 2 minutes was wait for JR to screw up

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

one thing that AB did well that Lin wasn't doing was find Dwight deep in the paint.

1 person likes this.
  5. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

I've never been on the fire McHale bandwagon, but he needs to go.

He's terrible managing minutes, can't run an offense that goes through Dwight, and can't draw up a crunch time play to save his life.

6. Dementium

Dementium Member

They did. But come on.

They are on the 2nd night of a back to back. They are also playing away from home. Not to mention just by record alone they are one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Are you telling me before the game started you expected us to win based on a JR Smith screw up? Really? And you are happy with that?

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should go back and read my posts.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I take an ugly win over a beautiful loss.

Give the Knicks credit as they have been playing MUCH better since Chandler came back.

9. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Agreed, what a ugly and lucky win!:mad::grin:

10. eman

eman Member

I am so sick of watching the late-game hero ball-hogging Harden knocking down difficult shots and dribbling between his legs and off his heel... We got five guys to spread and move the ball. Can't a coach go over tapes with him, teach him to move without the ball, catch and shoot or drive and kick? Sheesh, this is the And-1 Mix Tape tour every 4th Q. The TC PA guy needs to go full Escalade mode, and start screaming, "Oh Baby!" whenever Harden knocks down one of those sextuple-crossover Js.

Meanwhile, Shumpert was nothing but nails. 6/6 3s, and probably didn't touch the ball more than four total seconds for those 18 pts.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

He keeps getting ignored, I have noticed a slight change in attitude when the team started ignoring him when he had great position or was open.

We need a balance and right now Howard isn't getting enough touches.

12. Progs

Progs Member

"The two black guys have taken over this show"-Bill Worrell on Clyde Drexler and Calvin Murphy post-game show.

:eek::eek::eek:

1 person likes this.
  13. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

So again this is the "FIT" thing with Harden.

14. SirKen

SirKen Member

The thing is by taking that shot early you are giving the opponent a chance. If you were to wait it out and use it as the last possession, even if you were to miss it would most likely go overtime.

This is not like a 2 for 1 at the end of the first half.

15. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Lol anyone watching postgame live?

1 person likes this.
  16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL the turning point was getting the ball in the post to Dwight!?!?1 LOL, the turning point was Harden dropping 20+ in the 3rd and hitting big shots in the 4th.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This. If I were a Knicks fan, I'd be more pissed about Woodson than Rockets fans about McHale.

18. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

I think people are more concerned that we are playing nothing like a contending team. The way we've been playing lately it will be lucky to even get out of the first round. I understand its still early on in the season, but we have seen the same mistakes game in and game out with no improvement and same problems with coaching and rotations / minute management.

Rockets are playing below their talent right now and somethings gotta give.

19. jp2123

jp2123 Member

Truth is Rockets won because the Knicks have a low BBall IQ. And McHale benching Lin in the fourth is the worst thing he has done yet. Brooks played horrible the whole game, Lin didn't deserve to be benched at all. And you can call me a LOF or whatever you want, but this was an underserved bench. There is NO logical reason to bench Lin the whole 4th. And playing Parsons and Harden 24 straight minutes!? I mean, seriously... I don't understand how anyone can defend McHales coaching skills.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Bingo. That's what brought us within striking distance. AB still should have shot that quick shot in the last minute though. Hat was dumb.