1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You cant iso Harden if he is on the bench.

2. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Benching Lin was the right move...so Brooks could go 1-8 and win the game.

3. chandlerbang21

It was about defense NOT offense

4. novaman

novaman Member

I'm guessing it was because Lin was getting beat on defense. This was the worst I've seen him play defensively in a long time

5. Dementium

Dementium Member

Lol. Are you really happy with how we got the win tonight? This is probably one of the most frustrating wins of the season.

A wins a win and I'll take it but good Lord it was ugly.

6. FTW

FTW Member

why? that would be trust and reasoning. we don't do that here.

7. conquistador#11

it's obviously something there. what did lin do exactly? he had a waived off basket that should have counted and a plus one ft. then udrih scores 4 of the 8 points he scored on lin in the third. you bench one of your best 4th quarter players because udrih scored 4 points in qtr?
    he did have that turnover with tyson chandler coming at him. I guess he was taking away too many shots away from harden. Love brooks though, happy he sank those fts.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

There have really been a lot of headscratching coaching decisions lately... I understand sitting Lin today because he was playing like ass, but WHY OH WHY do you run set plays for Brooks twice in a row in the final two minutes after Harden just got you three clutch scores in a row?

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why are you surprised it's Mchale, lol.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol what?! When Lin left the lead immediately increased! Then the Rockets got back in the game cause Harden hit shots.

Knicks scored 24 pts in the 3rd in the roughly 8+ minutes lin played. WHen he sat they scored 10 in the last 3+minutes.

Do the math, the knicks scored more point per minute after he left the 3rd.

11. lin00

lin00 Member

Mike Woodson is dumber by leaving JR in than McHale benched Lin for the whole 4Q

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Every fan that is still b****ing because of Lin needs to be banned.

3 people like this.
  13. passdarock

passdarock Member

What an ugly win. Mchale sucks. Too many turnovers and bad shots. Hope the rockets get their **** together. Theyre better than this.
    ....and please cut ciscos minutes. I cant stand to see him just stand around, take horrible shots and play no defense.

14. Gil

Gil Member

Lin played the worst set of defense in maybe his Rockets career. Brooks sucked offensively apart from the clutch FT's but it was still the right move.

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Yup, we get a victory and Lin fans are complaining about his playing time. How surprising.

1 person likes this.
  16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Instead of being happy that we beat a team that won in San Antonio, all we keep hearing how in got screwed.

1 person likes this.
  17. SirKen

SirKen Member

No benching him on the 3rd was right. Not bringing him back was a choice. There were many other things that were wrong tonight. Don't make it all about Lin and miss the other obvious issues.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

He isn't a rookie, his job is to help the team win

1 person likes this.
  19. Danpan

Danpan Member

We have so many frustrating wins and losses and it's not even half the season yet.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lin was getting CRUSHED by Beno, but he was also playing well offesnivley. I think Lin should been in there in the 4th. I dont think AB's defense was that great to be out there in the 4th. Lin was still engaged int eh game on the bench even after the slight by Mchale.

clutch FT so i aint even mad