1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade Fathers Child, Not Gabrielle Union's

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Click on the link.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwyane Wade &amp; Gabrielle Union -- Evidence They Were NOT on Break When Baby Was Conceived <a href="http://t.co/5trUVZ72PL">http://t.co/5trUVZ72PL</a></p>&mdash; TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/statuses/418115297376083969">December 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Buck Turgidson

Dominique Wilkins, Don Was, Denzel Washington, Darryl Ward

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

some kid will grow up with unbelievable quicks and ups.

4. dback816

dback816 Member

What's with all the people making excuses for Wade ?

Are you guys projecting ? Is this a misogyny thing ?

5. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I was just about to post that. Unless the baby was born pretty premature they weren't on a break. But then again, almost any chick that gets with a pro athlete has to know that there is a better chance than not that he is gonna cheat on her- even if you're Gabby Union or Eva Longoria etc. So it just comes with the territory. Funny thing is that these chicks don't need to be with someone in the business- they make enough money on their own.

Anyways, not sure if it was mentioned but this chick was also Lamar Odom's woman on the side, right? So you know she's another gold digger (kardashian wanna be). And as nice as that ass looks now- after another kid or two- that thang is gonna be nasty!

6. tchou

tchou Member

You have kids? Holy crap! This whole time while reading the thread I thought you were some misinformed, highly-opinionated, teenager.

Just a FYI... parenting should definitely be a planned event.

7. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Great principals to live by.

1 Timothy 2:12 - "Suffer not a woman to teach, nor to have authority over a man, she is to be in silence."

8. yobod

yobod Member

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'll quote this from a website that does a good job of explaining things for the misinformed ones:

Paul affirmed the equality of all Christians. There was no difference based on birth, status or gender. All had the same privileges and blessings as children of God.

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. (NIV, Galatians 3:26-29)

Paul also wrote this paragraph which seems to contradict some of his other teachings:

As in all the churches of the saints, women should be silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as the law also says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35)

We know from 1 Corinthians 11:5 that women were allowed to pray and prophesy. We also know that many women were prominent in the churches and that Paul approved and encouraged them. Chapter 14 of 1 Corinthians talks about the various abuses and disruptive activities of some church members, so this passage is probably directed at a specific problem that had occurred in the church at Corinth. We don't know exactly what that problem was, but perhaps some women had been disrupting church services by talking or asking inappropriate questions.

The following passage*, and the similar Colossians 3:18-19, also affirm the teaching from Genesis 3:16, at least as it was commonly understood at the time. But they also reject the harsh subjugation of women that was characteristic of society at that time. Husbands were to love their wives tenderly, not treat them as slaves:

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, in order to make her holy by cleansing her with the washing of water by the word, so as to present the church to himself in splendor, without a spot or wrinkle or anything of the kind--yes, so that she may be holy and without blemish. In the same way, husbands should love their wives as they do their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hates his own body, but he nourishes and tenderly cares for it, just as Christ does for the church, because we are members of his body. (NRSV, Ephesians 5:25-30)[/B
    ]

In case you forgot, Christ died for us even though we hated him. That means husbands are supposed to love them like they do their own bodies and die for their wives if need be. A good husband will never use the bible to oppress his wife but to love her and bring her up just like Christ did for us.

Always love how somebody manages to quote the bible out of context. Clearly, women who live in Christian countries like the USA/Europe have managed to have more rights than in any other country in the world. Try being a woman in a country without a Christian history like Iran and see how you like it.

And anyways, not sure how your inflammatory post has anything to do with being a good father other than the fact you didn't like the fact I believe in Christian bible-based principles.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

... and jawline.

11. MonKing

MonKing Member

I'm a little confused reading this thread, are you saying Christ died for the sins of D Wade?

12. crash5179

crash5179 Member

See how wrong you were.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's exactly what I'm saying. That's actually the most basic tenet of Christian faith. Not only for Wade but for everyone in the world, including whoever you think the worst scumbag in the world is or has ever been.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 NKJV)

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I don't care what you believe, but pretending like it isn't a misogynist book, full of antiquated ideas and ignoring the awful stuff alongside the flowery nice passages, and then judging others based on that is questionable at best.

But hey, go on, if a human sacrifice two thousand plus years ago somehow makes up for the wrongdoings of mankind or a talking snake managed to get this whole ball rolling in your view, have a blast.

Personally, I've never fathered a kid out of wedlock, and I didn't need a God that thought stoning disobedient kids, treating women like property (even if that meant treating them well), or owning slaves was cool to do it.

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

Lol well to be fair that book is about being a good father, not a good partner.

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The average life of a person back then wasn't too long. It was best to start as young as possible, provide and have a family, then you died...at least that how I see it from that time period.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

You are severely misinformed. If you read the bible you'll realize that God never thought any of that stuff "was cool to do it." I could go on and talk about how other ancient societies promoted bestiality, child molestation to move up on society (the Greeks), child and human sacrifice, caste systems, inhumane tortures purely for pleasure, slavery and all of them did it a 100 times worse than the ancient Israelite people.

God actually established order in Israel when all other society's around them committed horrors far worse in severity. God gave slaves, children and women more rights that anywhere else in ancient society. Nowhere in ancient time were slaves/women/children treated better than Israel. Look up Roman/Greek/Mesopotamian/other ancient cultures and realize the Israelite people were a million times better in comparison.

God gave us the free will to do as we want and with free will comes the ability to do evil. Those horrors were committed by humans with free will and it's still happening all around the world (genocides, human rights violations, Communism, Fascism, racism, murder, etc) and won't stop until Christ comes to reign.

Anyways, you are severely deviating from the point of this thread, what good fatherhood is all about. Try to stick to why DWade is a good (or not) father and present your arguments like I have.

18. Breitbard

Breitbard Member

You do realize you are in the Dish forum, not D&D right?

19. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Whoa, a lot of self righteous a-holes in here. O.K. fanatics, whatever you say.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

If you look at thread history you would see I'm only responding, not starting the subject. My original thread was about what makes or doesn't make a good father.

However, I do agree with you. This is not the D&D and like my last post said right before yours, this should be kept to DWade fathering a child with some woman other than Gabrielle Union and people's opinion on it.