1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 12/29/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2013.

1. NotChandlerParsons

Post defense is literally the only thing Perkins can do.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Our bench needs to step up. This has been the story so far and overlooked by many here.

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

why is every 2013er so terrible..

1 person likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly what every coach would say while on the job and coaching a team. You don't ever want your team to have a excuse for ANYTHING.

Even if Harden and Howard both were out for the season the coach is still expected to take that excuse away from them.

5. Dementium

Dementium Member

I am not even upset with the loss.

If I had told you at the start of the week we would be 3-1 many of you would have taken it within a heartbeat.

Besides, I love the fact that on any night any one of our starters can go for 20 points. I don't think there are many teams in the league whose starters can do that right now, with maybe Portland being the other team capable of this?

The team is in a good place, and will only get better as the year goes on.

6. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Am I wrong in assuming that you're not really a basketball fan, much less a Rockets fan? We won 3 out of 4 games in 5 nights. I like this team, and every player on its roster. I hope you can find a way to enjoy the Rockets and this incredible fan forum.

3 people like this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

As McHale limps around on his destroyed leg....

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Horrible. The Rockets just mailed it in tonight it seems. Not what you want to see from a hopeful contender.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

Lol nawh don't has it, just saying everybody going at harden, Lin, dmo... Didn't see anything about Howard. He was so scared he started shooting midrange jumpers lol, but that happens in the nba people have their off nights, but would expect more than single digits out of a SUPERSTAR when we need him

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Actually, without Westbrook the shots were spread around. It might have been a closer game if Westbrook was in the game....he could be chucking blanks. It's actually an anomaly for any team to have almost every single player playing this bad, so fatigue is probably the better factor in this loss. A bad loss, but still just one loss in a span of 2 x B2B games...very hard to end up with a W...especially in a arena where the home team has a 13-1 record.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Against Howard.

He was explicitly signed for Dwight Howard and remains in the NBA because Dwight Howard still plays in the NBA.

When he was signed the reason was that he'd be good should they see Dwight Howard in the playoffs.

Every other night against any other center he is useless.

12. pnr

pnr Member

Remember the Hawks blowout when we won by ~30 points without Harden or Lin? The bench had huge games in that game. The OKC bench had huge games this game and it was game over.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

That was TURRIBLE! I understand the schedule, but really.

14. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Stern hates Morley . . . he is showing the league Harden trade is a fiasco.

Seriously though, this is the sled against OKC? How can we win? Is this a Survival season series?

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Pacers game.

This team has no identity and they need a new coach. They need a coach who can prepare them for big games and one who can draw up plays and make proper adjustments. Garcia and Casspi have to go. They don't shoot well enough, if you look at their shooting percentages throughout their careers they have never been good shooters.

16. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Being realistic about the situation doesn't make you any lesser of a fan.

17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

i'm not worried, we played Spurs, then Griz and Pelicans before them. We were gassed out, if this was a game where both were exactly the same energy wise we would've fared much better

18. yummyhawtsauce

lol are you kidding me, those guys had tired legs tonight, harden and lin esp. the bench was playing well for a stretch.

19. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Please don't drag Casspi into Garcia level. If anything else, it was Brooks and Casspi battling it out . . .

20. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Aint it awful? Stern babies Miami and OKC so badly with their well adjusted schedules. :(
    Gotta make sure they meet in the Finals I guess.