1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

In order of importance.

Howard,Harden,Parsons,Lin

He has played good defense, but it is a team effort.

2. timyeung

timyeung Member

This:

3. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

This whole thing has become another Lin thread

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Howard, Harden, and Parsons have been more important because they have no good backups. Now with no Bev, Lin is just as important as those three. You could say that for short stretches Howad, Parsons, and Lin would be more important at the moment. Remember games in the past where Hardin was out and Lin/Bev both started the team went 4-0.....small sample I know.

5. tmacfor35

This is why this thread is a Lin thread. You have morons like this who are blind by there J-Lin love.

6. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Can the Lin and race debates be taken somewhere else?

Let's focus our energies on voting for Rockets players as often as as possible :)

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

No, it's moronic individuals like you sir that makes it so.:rolleyes:

8. timyeung

timyeung Member

You also have morons who don't look at stats or believe in defense.

9. tmacfor35

If you could start a team with Harden or Lin, who would you take?

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Exactly, thank god for the ignore list.:grin:

11. timyeung

timyeung Member

It is just my opinion, but personally I would rather have a team player who makes everyone around him better and also puts effort on Defense, then someone who is an amazing scorer but puts no effort on Defense. My opinion is that basketball is a team sport and should be played that way. That's how you win games. And that's why I don't like Melo.

12. tmacfor35

Are you trolling?

13. timyeung

timyeung Member

Not really. Just stating my own personal opinion, which may be right or wrong.
    I believe one reason why Harden is not putting enough effort on D is because he is expending too much energy on O for the team, but that is not necessary because he is surrounded by guys who can score. I hope he learns to trust his teammates or he will become another Melo.

14. Dementium

Dementium Member

You know, he may not be getting votes just cause he's Asian. It might be because he's the ultimate underdog story, or because he's a genuinely nice guy, or I don't know because Houston fans are voting for Houston players?

Its a popularity contest. Not sure what you don't get about that.

15. timyeung

timyeung Member

I also think Howard is the most important Rocket on the team, because when they say Defense wins championships, they're not kidding! Plus he has matured so much as a team player!

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Are these the actual tallies for online voting? Do they only include votes made inside the US? Unanimous starters like KD and LeBron don't even have a million votes.

The numbers seem too low, especially when you consider a guy like Lin only has 350k guys from China voting for him. That's a country with 2 billion people and a lot of fanboys so you'd expect his number to be in the millions.

17. Chris Jent MVP

PERFECTLY SAID.

I didn't have the patience to elaborate my thoughts to morons. Thank you :cool:

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

hes popular because he's asian and the chinese/taiwanese are voting for him. Why are you saying the exact thing I am?

19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Only Lin fan boys can be upset at the statement "Lin has a lot of Asian fans because he is Asian."

What is there to get upset about?

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow at some of the stuff being said in this thread.

There is no doubt that Lin being Asian plays a part in him getting a lot of All Star votes. If someone can't admit that they aren't even worth a response. The problem is, is that once someone calls it like it is then the discussion becomes about race.

Lin has been playing well this season but certainly not at an all star level. We saw the same thing with Yi Jianlian and Yao Ming.

Most of his career Yao was indeed the best center in the conference and deserved to start, but his rookie year Shaq was clearly better and it wasn't close, but he still started.

It bothers me that even some of the more reputable and usually reasonable Lin fans here are suggesting that Lin is playing at an all star level this year.

I don't think everyone here understands that there can be only 24 All stars each year. Which means that people are suggesting that Lin is a top 24 player in the NBA right now... unbelievable.