1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Forget this, I am going to crawl into my racist anti-Asian hole and watch tapes of Yao Ming.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

what the hell are you saying?

that all asian people only ever vote for Lin? I know CFs has a LOF problem but you must be r****ded if you genuinely think that, Asian people love all the big names, Dwight, Kobe, Tmac back when he was Tmac and not Tracy McGrady

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

you're right. yi is totally deserving to be an all-star based on his play, it would be silly and naive to ASSume otherwise

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lin has been playing at a all star level this season. Surprised that you think otherwise.

It is also ridiculous to ignore the fact that asians vote for CP3 & DH12 and Kobe as well. Asians vote for a variety of reasons outside of skin color.

I understand what you are trying to say and I agree.

LMFAO. My 4 year old cousin has his parents voting for DH12 every day because he loves Superman. My 4 year old knows nothing about DH12 being the best at his position. You can't be serious. So for Lin the only reason he is getting votes is because of ethnicity but for any other player they are only getting votes because they have talent. Do you not see why that sounds a bit silly and a tad bit prejudicial.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Your little cousin can vote for anything he wants, as can the chinese/taiwanese people. I just would prefer if people were more objective and voted in somebody because theyre a really good player, not because theyre asian. Do you actually think Lin is a better player than Harden? How do you explain Harden getting less votes than Lin?

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Not even close. LOL

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

Jinxed. 0 points three turnovers at half.

8. tmacfor35

Delusional Lin fan base. He isn't consistent enough to be deemed an all-star. Looked like a D-league player out there. I expect him to make it up this half.

9. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Yi Jianlian got those votes because he was a hyped Chinese national, not necessarily because he's Asian.

Jeremy Lin got hype as well and his Chinese/Asian-American heritage certainly does help him with the whole Linsanity effect.

If it was all just because they were Asian, Ha Seung Jin, Sun Yue, Mengke Bateer would have been Top 5 as well.

If James Harden was from mainland China, no doubt he'd be Top in votes just like Yao Ming.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You forgot Yuta Tabuse

11. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

lol

He was going to be on that list but I don't remember if he lasted until the All-star break. I did forget Wang Zhi Zho tho.

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Hey!!! I'm an Aussie and as much as I'd like to see an Aussie All-Star one day, I don't vote for anyone in the western conference who is not on the Rockets.

I would love to see an All-Star starting backcourt of Lin & Harden, with Dwight up front & Parsons off the bench.

Rockets all the way baby!

14. timyeung

timyeung Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg/sort/trueShootingPct

Lin currently has the second highest TS% (true shooting percentage) of all PGs in the NBA. That's pretty consistent. He has also been showing he's clutch (Mr. Fourth quarter).

15. timyeung

timyeung Member

Oh btw Lin has also been playing defense too:

Jru Holliday 2 points. Mike Conley 11 points. Tony Parker 6 points.

He's been doing it from both ends of the floor. Not like some all stars who only play half the game.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

And there is your delusional LOF taking a swipe at our superstar guard player. Typical.

17. timyeung

timyeung Member

And there is your delusional LOH not understanding the importance of defense.

18. tmacfor35

Lin's the 4th best player on the team. Get off his jock.

19. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Harden is not a superstar until he plays defense.

Besides, dude might not even be talking about Harden. There are some other players out there like Irving and Steph Curry who are basically hidden on defense. It's gotta feel good to have the offense revolve around you and not have to play any defense.

20. timyeung

timyeung Member

Sorry I used stats to prove you were wrong.