1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/26/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2013.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I don't blame ZBo. I think the refs were really bad tbh.

2. bongman

bongman Member

LOL. Howard and Dmo had 5 fouls each.

3. SugarLandDream8

How about Lin's Defense the last 2 games

Lin 37 minutes
    Mike Conley 38 minutes, 4-14, 28 FG%

Lin 34 minutes
    Tony Parker 31 minutes, 3-11, 27 FG%

Tony Parker and Mike Conley are top 10 starting PGs in the NBA. Parker might be the best (I say CP3 is the best) PG in the league with a finals MVP, all star, all nba, top 10 in the league in MVP race many years.

4. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Dude was getting FT's even when he was throwing elbows and forearm shoves. Still wants to complain about the biased reffing.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

These same refs gave Dwight 5 quick fouls. Howard was gone you couldn't dominate late in the game when you got your chance stfu and realize y'all are missing Mark Gasol.

6. willus

willus Member

Harden played great D tonight! Can't believe no one mentioned it.

7. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Never said anything bad about Harden today. I think he did a good job with how tight the Grizzlies were playing him.

8. DocRock

DocRock Member

I missed the game, what'd D-mo do?

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

If Lin keeps playing like the last two games, Beverly will be his back up.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

So happy for Dmo!

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think if no one complains about Harden's D, then he played great D. Plus people are spelling his name normally. :grin:

12. clutz

clutz Member

Harden manufactured at least half of the calls with his unparalleled flailing talent, but it takes two to tango (or three, as it were). We've definitely seen other nights where the officials are considerably less indulgent -- and there goes Harden's crutch. I guess this is the "human element" to the game that Battier so deeply treasures.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden said D-Mo won the game for em tonite. Parsons, Howard agreed. D-Mo said it was hardest he's ever pushed thru a game in his life</p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/416430046597750786">December 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"When we lose Harden is always like "we" need to get better. When we win and Harden plays well it's always "I" had it going tonight."

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin's reverse lay ups were absolutely beautiful. Especially the one in the 2nd quarter.

15. clutz

clutz Member

But do they compare with Asik's???

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Harden only made 3 made free throws in the Spurs game, and he had 28 points.

17. bongman

bongman Member

You call it a crutch, most knowledgeable basketball fans would call it a weapon.

18. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Blocked a Conley floater and ran to the other end of the floor to jam it in hard and permanently give the Rockets' momentum. It was glorious. Other than that, I thought he boxed out Zach pretty well. He was called for some silly fouls and got bullied in the post but he delivered when it mattered the most.

19. SirKen

SirKen Member

I couldn't watch the game tonight, so I cannot comment on it. However, Harden played beautifully against Spurs.

I think Harden is at his best when he is not forcing for the foul and actually trying to score. Come to think of it, Lin is at his best when he is thinking of scoring first and not forcing the pass.

We should create a fund for therapy sessions for these two, in case they regress and go back to their old ways. :grin:

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Why do you even bother?