1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

dwight bought a rolex watch to every rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Dec 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he should have gotten him the rose gold with the rubber strap. guess harden needed more bling. runner strap is good for the hot tubs. it's the same price too

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Believe it or not these kinds of watches hold if not increase in value over time.

#82 REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dwert should stop buying things for his teammates and focus on his jump shot.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Y u no werk on 3 pt shot Dwert? Pls

5. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Wrong, he should stop buying things for his teammates until they start stepping up so he doesn't have to shoulder the load every single night.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden motto the bigger the bounce the better ride.He like likes them big and bouncy

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

After seeing this, I went and watched the ESPN 30 for 30 film.

"BROKE"

:confused:

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He gave them away, so an increase of value doesn't help him at all.

That said, 200k is nothing for a guy like Dwight and he's making tons of money off endorsement deals

9. pips

pips Member

I hate it when people say "that would cost the normal person about 50 bucks compared to what he makes". People who win the lottery and end up broke a couple of years down the road have this mindset.

Money's value is not relative to the individual's income. It does not change when it's possession is changed between individuals. $200,000 spent on watches by Dwight would still be fkn $200,000 spent on watches by the normal person.

1 person likes this.
  10. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Dwight invest his money well and isn't paying out too much for his baby mommas, there's no reason why this would be a big deal. If Dwight Howard becomes broke in 10 years, this expenditure would be the least of his financial issues.

And yes, hopefully this will get all the other Rockets working more on getting the ball to Dwight correctly. :)

11. krouchchocolate

damn harden's watch is expensive. lol

12. sweetcat

sweetcat Member

I wish that he did spent that money on charity ...

13. bmd

bmd Member

You are assuming he's giving watches in place of charity.

People have budgets.

I'm sure he already has money set aside for charity. And money set aside for Christmas. And money set aside for clothes. Etc.

14. torocan

torocan Member

Wow. Ok, that's a crazy amount of money to spend on christmas gifts... even when you make $20M/year.

Still, it's Christmas and it was a very generous act on the part of Dwight. He seems like a guy that genuinely likes the team and his team mates. That and he wants a LOT more post touches. :)

On that note, merry Christmas to all... enjoy today's game!

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

What about Clutchfans? Don't forget me, I want a watch too.

But seriously, great gesture, I see more touches in ur future...........

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I wonder if Canaan and Covington got watches too.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't understand why people wear watches any more? I would wear one if I were going to the jungle and wouldn't be able to use my cell phone. They are nice watches...no doubt about that. You make a nice target wearing a watch like that. I understand it's a status symbol thing. Enjoy your rich toys, rich men! My bro has a Rolex and rarely wears it. It sits in his watch case 99.9% of the time. But, he enjoys it while pretending he is good enough to own one.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Again a great example that D12 is actually a good person and teammate. The media horde over his last year in Orlando and LA made him out to be a person he is not.

Love this guy.

19. bmd

bmd Member

Those Rolex watches are $7,150 apiece. It is a Rolex Datejust. Harden's watch is anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000 depending on the model he has.

So assuming Dwight didn't get a watch for himself, he spent:

$112,950 (assuming Harden's watch was $20,000).

20. torocan

torocan Member

Aside from the status thing, watches are more reliable than a cell phone.

Watches don't lose their charge in a day or two. That's really handy if the power goes out, or you forget to charge your phone not to mention if your phone gets wet, or you misplace your phone, or forget your phone charger while traveling, etc, etc, etc

People who rely on their phones to keep the time are one very minor mishap away from being without a reliable way of keeping time.