1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to start tonight against Mavericks according to my sources.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

i don't know wtf you talking about man....good night

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I wasn't talking to u on that comment was I? Nop I wasn't that's probably why u didn't get it. But i was just joking coz Lin always talks about the bible and Jesus. To be good to others. And goodnight :p

3. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Hilarious. But when Bev leaves a man wide open it's because he was helping and then it's ok. Can't even fake being kinda unbiased eh?

Plus, let's not forget, it was Lin's first game back and likely he only played b/c Harden was injured and Bev was injured.

But when Harden sucks, you guys say it's b/c he was playing hurt. Lin, you just say he sucks.

Stop saying you guys are Rocket's fans and just say your a Rocket's fan All but for Lin...

4. ed_tx

Lin holds Monte Ellis to 4-16 shooting! He's a defensive wiz! (using the same logic so many of you guys use to say that Bev is a great defender).

We didn't lose tonight b/c of Lin's D. We lost b/c of poor coaching and the D that let Nowitzki shoot 11-18. Oh and Calderon shot 6-12 but Brooks was on him most of the time.

5. ed_tx

Lin scored 20 (outscoring both Ellis and Calderon). Learn to read the box score. So your saying that he is responsible for guarding both of those guys?

Change your name bro- Red Redemption ain't for being a real Rocket's fan. Must just be a fan of the video game.

#85 ed_tx, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  6. ed_tx

And you should've educated him and told him b/c 1) Lin was just coming back from injury and still rusty and a little slow and 2) he had to help all of the times other guys were leaving their man open too.

He definitely made mistakes on both ends of the court but I will give him the benefit of the doubt that most of that is him playing his first game in a while. Just like I cut Harden some slack when he came back from his first injury this season and made mistakes...

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Parsons was guarding Ellis.

Lin's turnovers killed us. I think he should start, but let's not give him free passes.

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The 8 TOs between Parsons and Dwight weren't exactly encouraging either.

9. ed_tx

Um, Parsons may have been on Ellis a few times (when Lin was on Calderon or Crowder) but Parson's was on the forwards most of the game.

But when Brooks and Lin were in together, Lin was on Ellis.

And his turnovers sucked- I counted them out loud to my buddy while we were at the game- so no free passes). But what killed us was when we were making our run and closing the gap in the fourth quarter. The energy was huge and the TC was rocking and every time, Dirk would come back and shoot uncontested of Garcia. 3 times that happened and killed the momentum.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

2 assists and 5 turnovers from the starting PG.

That can't happen. I can live with Dwight going for 35 and 20, with 4 turnovers.

I can live with Chandler turning it over, because it rarely happens.

Lin had 5, but he probably should have had more. Some truly horrible decision making out there.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

For some with a lot of rep this is wild, lins 4/5 turnovers in 1st half, halftime we were up 50-57

Parsons and Howard had 4 turnovers each, most in 2nd half when mavs we're coming back, then went on that 13-0 run and we never saw the lead again at that point.

So I think you got the wrong person when you say let's not give passes.

12. ed_tx

You're right- the only thing that could make it worse was if he shot 3-17 and and had 5 TO and 2 Assists. Oh wait, that was James Harden's line against the Suns on 12/4. Horrible decision making out there James and even worse shooting than Lin.

We can't live with that either right Knote?

13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Absolutely not. Harden's play and decision making was horrid, as was Jeremy Lin's tonight.

But wait, what does this have to do with James?

(Nothing)

14. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

In terms of offense efficiency with respect to FG %, only dwight bettered Jeremy in H town.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

I'm cool with people talking about Lin help D, that's been a problem since last year, harden & parsons cheat a lot also.

But people really talking about the turnovers when were up by 7 at the half like it costed us the game or something.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Do you know who didn't give passes tonight, as the starting PG?

Again, he is lucky he only had 5. It could have easily been a Knicks esque 10 turnover game. I love Jeremy, but he has got to show some pacing and intelligence out there.

As the starting PG, you MUST be able to control tempo.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It doesn't, all these posters have a dog in this fight. Harden has been the most harshly criticized star I have seen with the rockets ( at least on this board). He gets no sympathy from me with his lackluster defense and chucking nights, you could easily see my posts about it in any thread. These individuals feel the need to bring up Harden because they are so insecure about Lin. It is a losing fight tbh, roaches only disappear when the food source is gone.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Tmac was pretty much roasted as well well before he brokedown. Even during the 22 game streak people soft and weak for taking to much jumpshots.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Yeah could have been more than 5, he does need to control the ball better, his style he likes to create and take risk with passes, but he has to understand everyone is not ready for that, jones & casspi are players he wants to slow down making those risky passes to, he learned his lesson with asik last year with asik

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The starting PG on this team doesn't play the role of a typical PG. You think Bev predominantly controls the tempo of the offense? heck no