1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley out with fractured hand (UPDATE: Bev out 4-6 weeks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

Anyone know how he fractured it? Just a freak accident?

2. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Actually we've only brought him back from injury once.

'every time' exaggerate much?

Beverley out for his second stint also, as is Harden.

1 person likes this.
  3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

the loonies at jeremylin.net are rejoicing.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I honestly have no idea why someone would rather start Brooks if Lin is healthy? Hasn't he proven this season that he is easily our best pg? Did I miss something?

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Go away

1 person likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You take a turd in every thread you post in.

Lin has the tendency to be very fragile and get injured. He came back after a knee problem. Left with back problems right after. We need him now more than ever, I'd rather he be there with limited minutes than not at all. You LOFs are some of the most insecure people I have ever seen.

1 person likes this.
  7. pnr

pnr Member

He should start but play reduced minutes. He hasn't been able to work out much and would likely be rusty his first few games back.

8. torocan

torocan Member

You're surfing a Jeremy Lin site just so you can comment on posters that aren't even on Clutchfans?

I like Lin and I don't visit that site.

Just a suggestion, but you really need to get some distance to the whole Lin/Lin fan thing. You might find your life less stressful... :rolleyes:

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

He is, but a lot of that has to do because he embraced the 6th man role and is playing his style, to the LOFs credit, they have been saying it all along. In the starting lineup we need a spot up PG shooter with Harden. Lin as a spot up shooter is mis-utilized.

10. RV6

RV6 Member

Lin waited in the locker room when he got injured. Feigen speculated it was because he didn't pack appropriate clothing for bench..

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

3/5s of our rotational players have some sort of injury. Lin is as fragile as anyone else on this team. The one problem with him is he has a tendency to hit the floor hard and doesn't try to brace his falls.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Glad we have Brooks, and Lin's coming back. Bev's a huge loss, but thank goodness we have good depth at that position.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Probably, all I know is that we had CP playing PG tonight and that isn't going to work. Better a Lin in less minutes than no Lin at all.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

There is absolutely zero evidence to support your claim. In fact, actual statistical evidence points to the contrary. Lin's averages in 8 games as a starter this season are superior to his 10 games off the bench.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just now realizing that "jeremylin.net" is a real website lol. I thought it was a running joke on here talking about LOF's in general.

Ah well. This injury just sucks. Last team that had this many injuries that I recall was that 05-06 team. We had to allow extra players on the roster to even play!

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Damn this sucks........ Gotta get my left hand right. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Grind&amp;src=hash">#Grind</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/statuses/414595830083903488">December 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. roadstone

roadstone Member

Harden, Lin, Smith, Asik, and now Beverley yet were still 18-10. This team will go places...

1 person likes this.
  18. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Not if they continue to get hurt.

19. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Speedy recovery to Pat Bev and Greg Smith.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Thank goodness for Aaron Brooks. Get well soon, Bev.