1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Rocket_Man_2.0

Below average coach=below average results...:eek:

2. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

Lol at "McHale's system"

You guys realize when he was first hired he essentially said he wasn't going to change the current system in place (left over from Adelman's tenure)

This supposed "read & react" offense is just a watered down Adelman's offense, except he doesn't have any clue on how to run it. Hell, if McHale atleast had an out of bounds play it would be an improvement.

It's comical to hear this "coach" in the huddle. His answer to everything is to run more and rebound better.

That being said, can't blame coaching on this one. Rockets lose this game regardless of who's coaching.

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5204/rockets-playbook-baseline-out-of-bounds-set/

4. RocketPowerNick

See my sig.

It's not that McHale is a terrible coach (which he is), but that he does not hold Harden accountable. It will be the downfall of this team.

5. Rocket_Man_2.0

Fire Mchale and hire Lionel Hollins...a defensive minded no nonsense coach is what this team needs. Mchale was fine when we were rebuilding..but Rockets are in win now mode so we need a win now coach.

6. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

I should have clarified to mean in a crucial situation.

U can't run this play in the end of games given our centers can't shoot FTs and the fact that it is a baseline OOB play

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jerry Sloan, picks and rolls, tough mentality, and all kinds of gainzzz

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

This is morey's team not mchale, no way the egos of Sloan or Hollins will be able to give up on the way they know how to coach and embrace morey's way of running a basketball team.

1 person likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you're 100% right.

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Agree, Hollins would be great.

11. Postcall

Postcall Member

Mchale and Co are probably done after this season I don't see the point in firing the guy midseason instead of waiting because you never know who will be available this summer. I think firing him now would just mean giving up on the season.

12. Mr. Space City

the rockets will win mid 50's games, lose in the 2nd round, and mchale will be back next year.

13. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Lose in the 2nd round?

At the moment i dont see us beating Clippers, blazers, OKC or Spurs.

14. Mr. Space City

i was being generous.:(

15. OpportunityCost

Not saying that isn't sincere, but not sure if you can take what an athlete says in front of a camera at face-value all of the time - could be the PC and respectful thing to say. I think Les is the reason he came here (millions upon millions of dollars). Then I think he also came here because of Harden (budding superstar to help carry the load). I also think he came here because of Kobe (wanted to get away from him and his expectations and pressure).

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Why do I have the strange feeling that the failed TT experiment might rear its ugly head for the sake of increasing Asik's diminished trade value? God, I hope wrong and paranoid.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If(and it's a huge if) the Rockets advance to the 2nd round, McHale likely will return, I agree. Right now, I don't see that happening though. The Rockets at best seem to be on pace for the 4th or 5th seed which would match them up in the first round with the Clippers. And while that series could go either way, I'd bet money on L.A. advancing.

I hate to say it, but in the long run, that may be best for this organization. Maybe management already knows privately that McHale is a bad fit but realizes they can't get rid of him right now, but in the event that they don't, a first round knockout would provide a necessary wakeup call.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

*God, I hope I'm wrong and paranoid.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

But but but...

We have the pass-to-the-centre-who-passes-to-the-power-forward play every, single, baseline out of bounds play. :rolleyes:

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It would be great if JVG came back. He would have this team playing great D and with the Rockets run and gun style he would have the Rockets in the finals.