1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas's agent in Lithuanian: "it's a matter of time when D-MO gets traded"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by outlaw96, Dec 19, 2013.

1. arjun

arjun Member

Dmo is worthless for us...anyways, all the talk abt him being a cancer should stop though..the other day when Dwight got the and1 putback dunk dmo naturally just cheered immediately..before anyone else on the bench.

Have u ever thought that it's better interest for his agent that he gets traded than dmo himself?

2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

You can't blame him for wanting to play. He's young and needs the playing time to improve. Unfortunately he got beat out by TJones. He should do well on a team going nowhere that will give him some minutes.

3. jwayne

jwayne Member

Everyone cant play significant minutes every game, or for that matter play at all. Its just part of the business... Guys should want to play. Thats fine, but I dont think it is us alienating players. Everyone doesnt get ribbons for participation. You gotta earn it.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Or maybe, dude ain't that good.
    He had his chance to prove he deserves playing time here. He got just as much opportunity as Tjones; actually more considering last season.
    Can't say he's a bust cuz he wasn't drafted that high, (just extremely overrated on this forum), but he obviously brings nothing to the table.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

why cant these guys take their millions, be bangin some super model, do the best they can when called upon... and just stfu... smh....

6. LAC

LAC Member

Actually, I suspect it is more the agent than D-mo. You don't really see D-mo sulking on the bench like Asik is. When D-mo wants play time and the agent promises to get him some. It is natural for D-mo to tell the agent to go ahead. It just so unfortunate the agent picks whining as his tactic.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Because I've always liked DMo, I've been sort of keyed in on him when he plays. When Asik became "injured", he was the guy McHale plugged in for Howard. And the Rockets were horrendous on D during these stretches. Then McHale tried using Jones in the same role. The results were better. And McHale stuck with Jones in that backup center role.

It's clear that DMo doesn't fit the team as currently constructed. He lacks the 3pt shooting to truly spread the floor like Casspi. And he lacks the all-around game of Jones. He also can't play the backup 5. Morey probably will trade him, and I think he can be a productive player elsewhere. But his ceiling does not look to be that of a star.

8. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I think D-Mo is the most overrated scrub in rockets modern history.. he has a post game, no defensive abiliy, can't shoot and is foul prone.

i don't see the need to have him really

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

this.... times a million

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Team has wanted 7 footers for so long, now we are going to lose them both.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Where are you getting this from :confused: The guy wanted to keep on playing in the D-League just to get minutes. He was even the one who requested to go down there.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Going to hate to see dmo go. I think when he gets a chance to have consistent minutes he will become a really good player.

Really, I don't think he's gotten a fair shake here. Other players mess up as much or more than him, but still get thrown in the rotation.

Whatever...I don't feel sorry for him and won't root for him when he's traded. But for the rockets sake I just feel they've maybe wasted an opportunity with him.

13. bmd

bmd Member

Paging jtr... your favorite player is going to be traded soon.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

See dmo can get stronger, become a better defender (even though I think his defensive woes are greatly exaggerated)...

But guys like Greg smith are never going to have the offensive skills dmo has. Dmo needs time and experience. Shooting...that can improve. He even has the skill set and natural ability to where his post game can improve.

I think trading dmo would be a big mistake.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

"Hey Dwight, catch me if you can!"
    "If you're scared of wolves, don't go into the woods"

Keep talking Donatas. :rolleyes:

Patterson, Morris, Delfino, Garcia, Smith, Robinson, Casspi, Jones

Position has been pretty much wide open. :rolleyes:

16. Raven

Raven Member

This happens on every team, but the Rockets do seem to get their share, not counting Be Well, who brought it on himself.

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think he's gotten a fair shake. He started 14 games last year and played over 500 minutes. On a team that is trying to win games, you have to produce when inserted into the lineup. The coaches also get to see how players perform in practice, so they have ways to prove what they can do other than play in games. Physically, I just don't think DMo is ready for the NBA. Maybe in a couple of years he can get stronger and do well. He's had his chances though with the Rockets. I hope he does well, he seems like a good guy.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Agree to disagree.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

by traded does he mean contract not renewed