1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas's agent in Lithuanian: "it's a matter of time when D-MO gets traded"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by outlaw96, Dec 19, 2013.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks, O'Morey...;)

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

D-Mo could have been a very good player with great value in the league. Problem is with his attitude & expectations of being handed a star role right away.

Fran Fraschilla made a comment about how he was not high on him on draft night, but then made a comment about how much talent he has.

I think it was widely known from even a young age that this guy would probably not have the right mentality for the NBA. His cockiness was funny as hell his first year in the league because everyone else but D-Mo knows how ridiculous the crap he says is, and how away he really was from being an impact player or as a franchise post player as he thought of himself.

Unfortunately big men take a long time to develop and often take a few teams to go through before they finally make themselves useful. I was hoping D-Mo would be finding a niche by now, but D-Mo never really wanted a niche to begin with... he wants the whole pie.

1 person likes this.
  3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is something we don't really know. We just assume it. We do know that he looks rusty after sitting on the bench with no whiff of minutes. We do know that he volunteered to go to the DLeague to keep up his skill. We do know McHale wanted him back with the team since he was better than the DLeague. McHale tends to say that DMo is working hard, but McHale has horrible rotations and I think he mismanages developing his bench. It is one screw up and back to the pine for some of these guys.

Certainly DMo isn't blowing up practice every day and not demolishing guys on court. He may have needed a different development track, similar to the 10-15 minutes a game Drexler would talk about young players needing.

Bottom line, is that in their search for a star, the Rockets threw a lot of guys against the wall to see who would stick. Little was paid to development. I was just flipping assets a positioning for a near finished product. DMo is either not a finished product, or not the product he thinks he is.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I blame him. He's rotting there because he isn't performing well enough to earn PT. It is one thing when a guy who has proven he is a quality starter in the league is unhappy coming off the bench, but it is a different thing altogether when somebody who hasn't even proven they belong in the NBA asks to be traded.

5. htownswami

htownswami Contributing Member

Dude got beat out by TJones, its not like he had Tim Duncan in his way. Omer and Dmo quite your whining and be professionals...do your freaking job!!

6. Nook

Nook Member

By not playing Asik and DMO over Howard and Jones?

7. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol aren't D-Mo and Asik pretty close?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Very true. What was it last year that the Rockets told him, and he openly in the public rejected.

LEARN TO SHOOT THE THREE

What did he do, in an interview openly said they want me to shoot threes but I'm a post player.

They knew and he should have known that with his low strength level there is no way he's going to get on the court playing the 5. If he wanted to succeed all he had to do was listen to what they were saying and shoot a million threes a day until your freaking 7 foot Ray Allen. That was his ticket to immediate PT, and he couldn't get it done.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The cream ALWAYS rises to the top.

If D-Mo was any better than the people in front of him, he would have seen pt by now.

10. JeffB

Supporting Member

I agree that this is all part and parcel of the Rockets team building strategy.

As to your why: People are not rational economic actors. Our monkey brains lead us to make all sorts of irrational miscalculations and misjudge transactions based on poor assumptions.

There is logic to devaluing one's trade value in hopes the team will take what they can get while they can. The problem is that Morey might respond to these attempts to diminish trade value by deciding to hold on o the devaluing asset as a contingency against injury.

At some point, diminished value in trade meets diminished value on the team. In Morey's calculator, that means hold 'em.

Anyway, woulda been cool to see this 7' PF develop into something.

11. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

He has more potential than greg smith, I don't know why greg is playing ahead of him.

12. JeffB

Supporting Member

Or at least spend a ton of time developing his lower body so he could hold post position without getting tossed to the floor like a rag doll.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly at this point would like DMO off the team so the roster spot can be filled by a player that fits the Rockets needs better.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

DMo needs to add another 25 pounds of muscle so he can play with the big boys in the paint. I had very high hopes for DMo, but I can't say he deserves to get minutes over TJones, or Casspi, or even Smith. DMo has some skills on offense, but the man needs to bulk up to play in this league.

#34 Rip Van Rocket, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dmo's attitude is fine - he is a hard worker - it is a numbers game in Houston.

Let's not torch him on the way out, the guy could still develop into something pretty good.

DD

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

What? Haven't you heard? He added 30 lbs of pure muscle in just 3 months after the end of last season. :rolleyes:

Ps. That was sacarsm. 260 lbs. Hahaha...

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not sure he has a future in this league. right now he just looks hopeless in the limited pt he does get. can't even stick open 10 footers or his FT's. trade him for a bag of ruffles.

18. xAliceInChains

Mad because he doesn't get PT but then he does get PT and sucks it up on defense, sorry D-Mo.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

He seems perfect to mold to McHale's Celtic Days playing style.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He has a highly developed offensive skill set, he can make moves that few other players can. However, I am not sure his game is suited for the modern NBA. He doesn't rebound or defend enough to guard the paint and he is not quick enough or a good enough shooter to play the 3. I suspect he will be a very successful player in Europe in a few years.