1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

I would say it's adequate. You'll just never convince some of the people that refuse to take off their rose-colored glasses around here.

2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This. I will be so happy when we can get a legit 6'10 PF.

3. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

LOL. I was thinking the same thing this morning.
    History exposes the fickle.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Pu Pu, not poopoo. Totally different meaning. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu_pu_platter

"A Pu Pu platter, Pu-Pu platter or pupu platter is a tray of American Chinese cuisine consisting of an assortment of small meat and seafood appetizers. A typical pupu platter, as found in American Chinese cuisine, might include an egg roll, spare ribs, chicken wings, chicken fingers, beef teriyaki, skewered beef, fried wontons, crab rangoon, fried shrimp, among other items, accompanied by a small hibachi grill."

5. CertifiedTroll

Andrew Wiggins (the user) is either an idiot or a troll. He has been blasting people and claiming people are wrong in an arrogant manner.

6. koopa

koopa Member

Asik signed the contract though. He should be a professional and play. If trade doesn't happen because he's contract isnt worth it, its ultimately his own fault. Punish him if he doesnt play! How can he be paid this much and be almost as annoying as royce white?

7. torocan

torocan Member

It's human nature.

In the abstract we tend to highly value things we COULD have versus things we DO have (grass is greener), UNTIL we are faced with the actual choice to exchange one for another.

At that point the human preference towards loss aversion kicks in. It's been shown in numerous studies that the fear of Loss outweighs the greed of Gain for the majority of human beings.

When faced with the reality of an actual exchange, we tend to overvalue things we *already* have versus that which we *may* gain unless we perceive it as a "sure thing". Bird in the hand vs two in the bush basically.

The best business people are able to divorce themselves from that tendency. They are more willing to part from things they already own in the pursuit of gain and profit.

In terms of players, fan bases tend to undervalue players they already have, until they are faced with parting with that player and then they overvalue what they have. And then should the trade take place, nostalgia (selective memory) tends to "erase" the negative attributes of former players, making them appear better than they actually were during their tenures.

It's not unlike the former GF vs current GF. Unless the former GF was horrible, we end up comparing our ex's against our current partners, while conveniently forgetting all the aggravating things that led to a break up in the first place.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

"You seem like an *******" -anonymous rep.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Welcome to the sports team life.
    (fixed)

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yes. Last week, according to the writer at The Boston Globe. Too lazy to go back & find the link.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Woj has been very good about killing the hopes of delusional homer fans who think the Rockets are getting 20 first round picks and Kevin Love for Omer.

I think Woj's source is actually Morey himself. If you read between the lines with his tweets vs. other ones that come minutes later from the likes of Berger & Stein, it definitely sounds like Woj would be Morey from a negotiation standpoint and all the others are rival GM's.

When the proposal finally came out yesterday, to me it seemed like the first round pick was emphasized as maybe a tactic to show the other GM's.... look THEY are giving us a pick. Give us a pick along with your player/s who are slightly better than Bass/Lee and Omer is yours.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

come one morey get everyone to a agree to this that I posted this morning, Everyone walks away with a win

*****morey hinting milsapp in that tweet last night, and following him on twitter is questionable, I’m sure he wants him he’s the best assets, but I think he’s just trying to throw people off.

Like I told you guys on Tuesday my source said Morey and his guys were busy meeting & working hard at TC, laptops out etc. which is not the norm. So I think it’s more of a complicated 3 team deal vs a simple player swap or it would’ve been done already.

I’m standing pat, he’s going to bring in a expiring contract that can help us win now a BIG & wing defender if one is not on an expiring its someone he thinks he can move later if he needs to for cap room. Hinkie wants picks if anything noel will be back & if dannys smart he doesn’t let asik slip away and does whatever to make it happen with rondo back soon & melo about to be a free agent, he has plenty of picks to spare.

I’m still predicting a deal around 76ers hawes in a 3team deal now with maybe boston being the 3rd team. Sure morey likes hawes he’s a poor man kevin love on 1/3 of his contract.

76ers in
    humpries expiring
    maybe filler "non expiring'
    2015 first rounder

rockets in
    hawes
    lee, turners Expiring, or filler

boston in
    asik
    filler

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Trading with the Bobcats would be a good start.

14. craguin

craguin Member

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I like the original way.

16. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't news. Multiple sources reported that Morey rejected this offer when it was first proposed last week.

What isn't known is whether the Sixers will give in to Morey's request for a future #1 + Hawes or Young.

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ha. I got rep that just said "moron"

All rep counts equal, I'll take it.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Therefore it is FACT!

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Love those

20. Grigori

Grigori Member

Depending on the pick, I don't think that it's a big surprise that the proposal may have been summarily dismissed as a non-starter. Lee has been shooting very well on low volume, and Bass's "good" sample size is very small. If anything, those two can be rightly considered salary dumps for Boston. The positive value is the pick, so if the pick Boston offers sucks, then the proposal is a non-starter.