1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

question is does Beverley make his team-mates better. And the answer to that is no at this point. I haven't seen him create shots for his team-mates like Lin can. However, McHale is going to play Bev no matter what. So this argument really is a moot point. The only way to figure out the value of Beverley is to see after this year what he produced and how BEV contributed to the ROckets this year. that's about it. So far, BEV has not impressed at all. Hopefully, he can turn it around.

2. bws

bws Member

I agree with you. I like Beverley and his hustle but I think Lin is the stronger player and there never should have been this move of him to the bench. I don't know what to say about the second unit and who should lead them. If it is Beverley, then they don't look good at all.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Just admit your favorite player in the world is Jeremy Lin and nobody's good enough to start over him in your eyes. You guys are so obsessed with Lin you look foolish tryna criticize other players. No matter how you hate PB, the fact is he outplayed Jeremy Lin and now we don't need him anymore. Jeremy Lin is no longer a factor in Houston

4. bws

bws Member

No one has said that. The case being made is on this team, Jeremy is the most productive PG. No one said he's the best player in the world so your hyperbole is misplaced about what is being said. Nobody is hating Patrick. He's not producing that well for a starting PG and we've heard the fit and defense arguments and aren't convinced. There's nothing wrong with questioning that and thinking the team is improved with Jeremy starting at PG or that at PG, Bev is not as good as most PGs starting on other teams in the NBA.

5. trock

trock Member

He doesn't have to make teammates better. He just needs to hit 3s. Harden has to make him better.

6. bws

bws Member

Harden isn't trying to make Bev better. The funny thing is the guy that tends to get Bev's offensive game going is Lin.

7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

lol you might want to check his registration date.....

8. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Do you have any data to support your claim that PB outplays Jeremy? In what ways?

9. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

You don't get it bro. A team can have plenty of scorers but if you don't have a real PG facilitating the offense, you have a crap team. *see LA Lakers with Kobe now back

10. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

If Lin can make players better and Harden is a great slasher, it would make more sense to put lin in than Beverley. about Bev's and Lin's three point shooting: lin is actually shooting better than Bev by a large margin. So your argument falls hard on the sword there.

If you don't like Lin and love Harden, that is your prerogative. It would be nice to see both players, Lin and Harden, on the same floor together to create match up problems for the opponents.

11. mikster

mikster Rookie

Wait Pb is superior to Lin?...and your calling him out as delusional?? All i'm gonna say is LOL i don't even wanna start a debate with you.

12. Rox7

Rox7 Member

LOL. Just admin your favorite player in the world is Patrick Beverley.

13. Penetrate&Creat

I miss the Bev/Lin backcourt. They were REALLY fun to watch.

14. ed_tx

Look at my join date you noob and get a life. I have MORE Harden jerseys than I have Lin Jerseys. Dream is my favorite Rocket of all time. The only reason I have been posting so much in defense of Lin lately is b/c of loonies like you who say that PB outplayed Jeremy. How did you deduce that genius? By your "eye test"? The "gut feeling" evaluation? You guys are pathetic and laughable. I like Bev but not enough to be blinded by the obvious- the guy is good for some strong D in spurts and frustrating an opposing player. That's it. Now go make out with your life-size PB poster hanging over your bed and call it a night.

1 person likes this.
  15. trock

trock Member

What's my argument? I already said I've always wanted Lin to start. I'm just trying to address some of what I see as overboard criticism of Bev's game.

16. RRockets

RRockets Member

Indeed, a 2003er.

Where was Jeremy then?

17. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL :grin:

18. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

I see. that's fair

19. langal

langal Member

Anyone who thinks Bev is not a good starter is not a real fan and must have a Lin agenda.

Does that about sum it up?

20. ed_tx

Just starting his sophomore season of high school based on Wikipedia. But I knew that one day, I would be called out by GoRox2013 as an LOF so I created a magic time machine to go back in time and join Clutchfans so that I would have a solid defense. I also picked up tons of stock in this startup called Google while I was back in time for a steal… and now...I'm RICH B!TCH!!!"