1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

no I am helping people, but robbie is claiming i mislead people on IAG because I recommended it at $4.56 and it's $3.40 or whatever now.....but he missed the part where it ran up 25% basically 3 weeks after I recommended it......even if you didn't sell there you had ample time to sell it at $4.80 or $4.90 for a profit or at worst breakeven before the plunge to where it is now

I never said it was a buy and hold forever stock and people had ample time to make money on the trade

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I'm done with talking about TNXP or rambling back and forth with you about it. I already said it doesn't matter what you buy it at now whether 7, 6 or 10 if its really going to explode to 200. I was merely trying to give my insight to the other poster with how stocks react when no news come out.

3. benchmoochie

Robbie - what is your take on how the spx bounced off 1772 and went to 1780 while Google and Apple were laggards in that they didn't really participate in that bounce?

4. benchmoochie

It's always good to take gains I agree on that. especially with these cheap stocks that people are trying to technical trade.

5. benchmoochie

Eddie - you should never use "I promise" in some stock advice forum. That could get you into some real trouble. You do realize that some people on here don't have a lot of investing experience and are merely reading this for ideas.

6. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Crap, I sold Twitter too soon when it was down this morning, it's since gone back positive up 5%.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

GOOG and AAPL have been doing their own things for awhile. AAPL is consolidating some of those gains from that breakout. GOOG still looks good to buy on any pullbacks. PCLN also looks interesting with the consolidation it's having.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Don't kick yourself too much. At least you held it unlike me :p. Nice trade

9. benchmoochie

don't worry nobody sells at the high or buys at the low

10. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

fine i dont promise, but dont take my opinion on TNXP ask a friend whose in medicine whether it be pharmacist, researcher, or even Doctor. My mother, a neurologist endorsed it and so has a family friend whose a researcher.

For the record at the same time my mother didnt like MNKD,IMUC, or INO as I've said before and IMUC was down 60% this morning

All those are miracle drugs she says and approval means everything goes to perfection, she said TNXP is little more than tylenol in essence in that the drug just has to show it reduces pain, they're not asking it to cure the disease or anything, just to relieve pain

but there's nothing in the medical world that relieves pain in post traumatic stress disorder or fibromyalgia so this thing has a big need to fill and a ton of customers if/when its approved and from the way phase 1 went with 26% improvement and being a currently existing drug, there isn't much in the way to impede the success of phase 2

that's all i've stated all along.....but ask anyone you know about cyclobenzaprine and they would probably tell you the same thing, dont take my advice.....

11. benchmoochie

I think apple is holding this area until news from china sales comes out. probably won't move much until earnings in jan reported.

I like Pcln but hard to trade options on that given a 50c bid ask and the illiquidity of them. really need a big daily gap of $10+ to trade it

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Do you ever play around with the "market makers" in the options market on illiquid stuff? I put market makers in quotes because they don't really make markets and they back away from their quotes. Like let's say the spread is like .30x1.30 and I want to get long. I might come in and try to walk that 1.30 offer down and see how low I can get it. Like I'll come in and offer 1.20 and see if the offers will come down to match mine. Then I just keep doing it to see what the rock bottom price is that they will come down to and actually stay posted so I can try to buy them.

I've found it to be helpful if I am trying to get into a trade.

13. benchmoochie

Since I'm looking at level 2 of the options book, I see other people do that they start with 2-5 contracts and put between the bid ask to see if it goes down or not. But often these things move too fast I just have to do it at ask and take a paper loss until it starts to move upward. I've missed a lot of trades on Google, NFLX and TSLA because I tried to get in the middle of some bid ask when the quantity wasn't very much to begin with on the bid ask (example 25./10). If it were (100/100) it probably would have worked. But I appreciate your feedback/suggestion.

14. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Sold Rackspace (RAX) today at 36.18. My portfolio is up 37.63% YTD.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Edit for being petty.

#6695 robbie380, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

no you do bc you keep wanting me to justify everything......you know with how I timed HIMX,TNXP, and IAG like a beast you probably secretly follow my trades now, you actually admitted you were in HIMX.....its ok robbie if you get rich off me I'll just sleep well knowing I gave some pointers to a world class trader like yourself.

17. benchmoochie

you're such a troll I found it hilarious. your little comments to one up people are really hilarious. nothing you say is consistent. some posts ago said you had 44 ATMs. in that other thread you said you had nearly 50. you always try to one up people. and that's fine. you're just a troll.

18. benchmoochie

every dog has its day

19. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

so 44 isn't nearly 50? I actually have 3 more on order should be here next week.

but yes yes bench moochie

hey btw TNXP up 12% today.....guess im totally wrong on that front, what did i recommend it at 10 days ago...$5.98? Still waiting for one of your option calls

O and I called HIMX at $5.70 in august and its $11.12 this morning???

god what a troll i am

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Eddie pls help me make money.