1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL: Week 14

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by david_rocket, Dec 8, 2013.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

should the texans go after jay cutler?

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's December, you know the Cowboys are going to choke.

3. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Cutler is a goner. Has to be. Not that McCown is sticking around.......but can you tie up $15 Million for a QB with the D as bad as they are and a #2 doing business?

Jay Cutler - Titans Starting QB

4. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

One of the reasons why the D is so bad right now is also due to season ending injuries to 2-3 D linemen. Tillman and Briggs are hurt and not playing also.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Former Sam Houston State Bearkat Josh McCown is KILLING it. 13 TDs, 1 INT.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's okay, Cowboys. We'll get them next season!

BAH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The Cowboys never beat the Bears. The Bears are too storied for the peddling Cowboys to overcome. They always get mauled. Bears could have zero wins and still maul the Cowboys. There is some mental inferiority complex going on there. The Cowboys have no memory of being mauled from season-to-season, though. They just come in ready to be mauled again every season.

7. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

nice Chicago should roll with it. Unlike Gary would

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I know its subjective, but what makes these two more entertaining to watch than others?

And good for the Bears, even with losing 6-7 starters on their defense they showed the Cowboys you don't have to be a doormat. The Bears didn't have to punt even once, that's just ridiculous.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kirk Cousins will start for Washington.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wow.

I wonder if the Redskins want their draft picks back they traded away...

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's just a power play by Shanahan. Basically a big 'eff you' to Snyder.

Redskins are a mess.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah.

Think they might want that 2nd or 3rd (or at worst top five) pick this year that's going to St. Louis? Ha.

Looks like they've deactivated him. Grossman will reportedly back Cousins up. Although that I guess shouldn't be surprising. Shanahan did say if he did shut him down, it would be for the season.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

RG3rd String

14. Major

Major Member

I doubt it - unless Bridgewater is available and they think he is better than RG3. Otherwise, they would still be in the situation of having a big hole at QB. If they believe RG3 will go back to being the guy he was last year with another offseason of rest, I don't think they have any regrets.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Or they stay put as Shanahan wanted and draft Tannehill (as he reportedly wanted to do). Or Cousins.

16. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

they have a young stud who had a bad sophomore season, btw coming off a major injury.

superstar qbs are hard to come by, I don't even know if the Texans should risk it on bridgewater.

the rams have qb issues of their own after reaching for at number one. I never saw that ability in Bradford although I will admit he has a lot stronger arm than I thought.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I wonder if the Texans could go after Cousins. Kinda like how they plucked Schaub out from under Ron Mexico in Atlanta.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If Shannahan is on his way out, then Cousins will likely become expendable. It's worth pursuing.

19. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

rumor has it that if Shanny signs elsewhere before Cousins gets traded, then Cousins will move to where Shanny goes. Shanny had Cousins as an early 2nd round talent and felt they got a steal when he was still there in the 4th round.

As a Skins fan I'm not overreacting on this move. At the end of the day, we have little to gain and alot to lose playing RG3. This Oline is so bad at pass protecting (minus Trent Williams) that I'd be just as afraid of my 3 yr old playing QB behind them as I do RG3.

You guys think your Oline under performed this year... ha. We'd gladly take anyone on your starting Oline to replace ours other then Trent Williams.

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Great news! :grin::grin: