1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

once again major you're proving why you're an ignoramus

Hedge funds,mutual funds,etc don't look at a stock typically until it crosses $5.....one of these fantastic traders here can probably vouch for that

this is why TNXP just did a 20:! reverse split so it could cross $5 and begin getting coverage from institutions, if you look right now there's I think 1 institutional holder but the recent action these last 7 days tells me that Im sure the next time it is reported there will be more institutional holders

of course again if you haven't paid attention the whole company is doctors

they have the head of columbia university school of medicine on the team along with numerous bigwigs who've reformulated other drugs and turned them into billion dollar companies

coming from a big troll like myself, you are just awful at the internet bro seriously why bother with a stock thread when you clearly know nothing about anything

2. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

here is TNXP management....all 3 are big time doctors....why would they need to consult a neurologist mr smarty pants??? Check out the board too and read their bios

Management Team at Tonix

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

What kind of person from Indian descent chooses Eddiewinslow as a screen name? I find that hilarious. You must have been a huge follower of the show.

4. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

umm so HDSN, up 40% on the day.

I'm going to start my position soon, now that I've seen a real pop based on the unfolding situation surround HDSN and its revenues.

5. Major

Major Member

This is only true to an extent - they do it for margin purposes and other technical reasons, but there is nothing that stops a hedge fund or mutual fund from owning sub-$5 stocks. There are funds that specialize in biotech. You think they are going to avoid a sure 10,000% gain because of margin restrictions? You seem to know very, very little about the industry. And that, of course, ignores major independent investors that have no qualms at all about sub-$5 stocks. Which is more likely:

A. You, and ONLY you, have this magical information and not a single other major investor has it.

B. There is potential downside risk that you have not thought of.

When considering this, also think through the fact that you can't think of any potential downside to ANY of the stock picks you make and have only been able to see upside in all of them.

Umm, you should try basic reading comprehension 101. What does TNXP management's composition have to do with whether hedge funds would talk to independent neurologists? You just seem to be throwing stuff at the wall in the hope that something makes sense.

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I think its going to come back down after the news fades and ppl sell

but not sub $3 for sure, at the lowest.

7. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

major moron there, its a drug that's already been approved even ganja rocket said it will be easily approved....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they're doing isn't bringing a new drug to market

and how does the word get out about these small companies, investor conferences much like the one they're doing tomorrow

we'll see how the story plays out major man. if you feel there's enough risk, the real question is why you wouldn't short it or buy puts

8. benchmoochie

Again you speak as if you are a uneducated person that wants to prove his point to people on this board for whatever reason. We get it you are LONG big time on this looking for a 20 bagger because of your read research on seeking alpha and your mom's recommendation whom you value highly because she works in the field of FM. So basically you are trying to pull a Buffet and invest in something you know about.

9. benchmoochie

You should just make your own thread titled "Eddiewinslow's Picks" or better yet you should make a newsletter.

10. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

what really ticks me off is people act like if you read seeking alpha and recommend a stock it will automatically go up, do you even realize how many articles are posted to that site daily? Well over a few hundred, the fact that yes 2 of the stocks I recommended came from pieces I read on there is a testament to my ability to dig through a pile of crap(90% of that site) and find two gems

yet everyone acts like bc I didn't just pull of my behind on my own that it should be discredited.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Good job.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Eddie if I was in Houston I would try to meet you for a cup of coffee. Once together I could grab you by the hand, look you in your rich and powerful Indian eyes and say, "GREAT TRADE BRO!"

All the other Indians around us would look at you in awe and you could bask in the glory of your trading.

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

HDSN - coolers, ACs.. still going to need servicing in a downturn economy. Downturn economy means no new unit purchases. Owners sticking with old units using recycled refrigerant

IPCI -i'm currently holding- rising healthcare costs already for decades, more ppl wanting to save on healthcare costs, and I think their biggest product that sets them apart from other generics will be Rexista, controlled release, alcohol nonreactive, abuse-resistant oxycontin (oxycodone). Cheaper and safer product for a market starved for this need. Oxy abuse is a big deal.

KNDI will also continue to perform well in a potential recession because it is China. They make cheap EV cars heavily subsidized by PRC government because of potentially catastrophic situations they face with tailpipe emissions, population growth, and increased Chinese urbanization.

-- these 3 are potential recession-resistant industries or they have products that continue to be necessities in a sluggish economy.

ERII is going to see action towards 10+ soon, barring economic downturn. Still could fare well in a recession bc its products are focused on reducing plant operational costs and water desalination is a long-term market for sure.

TNXP i'm intrigued by and am keeping an eye on it. Will patients spend the money on a fibromyalgia sleep aid when times are tough? Probably.

HALO i'm currently in right now. Their tech improves SoC (standard of care) with their hyaluronidase enzyme delivery systems. Herceptin and Mabthera cancer infusions can be performed in minutes vs hours because of this tech. Other partnerships with drugs that target high hyaluronic acid cancers are in the works. This is a platform technology for improved drug delivery. Not a new drug altogether. This reduces the main risk factor associated with biotech investing. Baker Bros have a position in HALO. Baker Bros has been in PCYC, SGEN, ACAD, GILD, STML, and EPZM to name their biggest successes.

14. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I was going to say something but feel it would just be wasted. Here's a gif instead.

[​IMG]

15. Major

Major Member

It doesn't take a rocket scientist, but apparently no one else in the world can see it, leaving the stock really cheap. That's your argument?

If there's no chance of you being wrong, and this is going to multiply by 100, why don't you have everything you own in it? Why own IAG or TSLA or anything else - none have that type of potential, and since you're 100% sure there's no chance you're wrong here, it seems pretty stupid to not be all-in.

Because I have my own investment philosophy that's based on my own modeling and isn't influenced by random internet posters or a need to jump into every random company out there. I haven't said anything bad about the stocks you've picked because I know little about them and don't particularly care. I've only commented on the logic you use to reach your decisions - it's unsound and fundamentally weak. That doesn't mean it won't turn out correct, but eventually, you're going to learn a very difficult and ugly lesson.

16. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

One more gif
    [​IMG]

17. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

robbie what i love the most is how truly butthurt i got you the first time with himx and now with tnxp......you and everyone else keeps wanting me to be wrong soooooo badly so you can just laugh and laugh but i keep killin it.

i win knowing how i've affected you...

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

As moochie mentioned earlier in the thread it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on solar stocks long if they drop another few percent. I'm also keeping an eye on energy exploration stocks. My friend who is an energy analyst said his picks to buy on pullbacks are PXD, CXO, EOG, & GPOR. I'd like to see some deeper pullbacks in these guys based on that XOP chart, but we are close to some pretty good support so I don't know if it will happen.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Eddie I'm not hurt by you. However, you should be less insecure and try to have some tougher skin.

20. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

o the fact you have to justify why you aren't mad tells me....u mad bro:cool: