1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 12/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

1st qtr… 7 of the 10 FGM were 3s, but the Rox was up by only 10. I know there’s a trend in the league to load up on 3s and reduce other parts of the game, such as midrange, post up, etc. And I know it’s also the team’s MO with 3s. I just wish the Rox were able to utilize more options, especially vs a 6-13 team. Also, Howard, Harden, Parsons had to play the whole quarter.

The bench lineup right now is just bad. It was Brooks & DMo instead of Lin & Asik, which meant not much facilitating and no defensive anchor. So they had to sub Parsons for Brooks to help facilitate just 3 min into the 2nd qtr. Brooks just puts additional unnecessary pressure on either Parsons or Harden because Bev running with Brooks & the bench is just too much a dropoff for the team in multiple ways. Also, I think Brooks only has 8 freethrows in the last 7 games (about 1 freethrow per game); there’s just not much pressure for the opposing team to defend & adjust on him. Although Lin has weaknesses and he’ll have off nights like anyone else, once he’s back, the bench should be better. In addition, whatever they get for Asik, I hope the guy has some defensive skills, cuz DMo isn’t going to hold it down on defense. The bench just needs to be better, to give the starters a breather against crappy teams.

Good win against a bad team, but Parsons & Harden with their lingering injuries, played a lot of minutes again. Also, those missed freethrows, yikes!

2. Remii

Remii Member

That's actually pretty good for Nelson... I haven't been overly impressed with Beverley as of late.

3. nono

nono Member

Why has Beverley's performance been so poor since starting ?

4. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Bev was great, he almost made it to 10 points and the Nelson almost was as bad as Bev was offensively.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Remii do see how good this team is when Harden aka the Beard plays defense. That's all I was talking about. Defense Bruh:grin:

6. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

More minutes

7. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Because he's been starting!

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Finally the first of many 20-20 games in his rocket career for d12

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Good game. Still some little issues like boxing out which is exposed almost every time Howard goes up for a block.

Turnovers as well. If we looked after the ball better the game would have been dead by the end of the 3rd.

The bench line-up struggled. I think the main issue is Dmo is playing the 5 when it is clear he is a 4.

10. Chris Jent MVP

Bevsanity is over. He has been scouted by the league. Time for him to go back to the 6th man role where he is most effective.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It might be just too many minutes.

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Bev was 3 for 9 total shots for 33%. His 3PT shots were 2 for 6 for 25%. But he did take care of the ball and Bull is right that is all Bev can give and that is all we need. We expected Bev to lock down Nelson and he didn't let us down.

13. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

14. Remii

Remii Member

I was just telling you to be patient. I know Harden can play D cuz he does it in "big games..." Y'all were jumping ship... What yo boy do tonight...??? Durant lite PG up like a box of matches.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Simple, it hasn't.

16. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

good win, nothing to complain everyone played awesome

team coming together nicely

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I think Bev needs Lin, in fact this team needs Lin way more than those who dislike him think. I am a Houston Rockets fan, i wouldn't care if we flipped Lin for a greater asset who helps us more, but he is damn solid, and we need his scoring and creativity for 25+ MPG.. that is a fact

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

2/6 =25%? do u math?

All we need from him is to stay out of Hardens way and play defence.

19. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Absolutely THIS!! The Bev hate is ridiculous. Check the numbers Bev is locking down his man an chipping in on offense!

This so far this year Bev is solid:
    9.3 PPG 2.3 APG 3.9 RPG!!
    39% FG and 33% 3FG
    .5 BPG 1.9 stls

20. gene18

gene18 Rookie

They would rather double team Harden.