1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Injuries = GQ Opportunities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

This has become my fav CF thread!! Please keep posting up those GQ images!! I know I'm not the only one fangirling here (yes, I'm a girl and I hate to be called dude). :grin:

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

POF? Just wondering. I don't think anyone has officially came out as a female Parsons only fan.

3. Deniz

Deniz Member

here is the proof...Omer has only one suit. :grin:

Rockets introduce Asik (July 2012)
    [​IMG]

in Taiwan (Octobre 2013)
    [​IMG]

I love Omer:grin:

4. sun

sun Member

Seriously though, will rockets consider making a calendar or something for charity? These athletes are young, good looking and upbeat.

5. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

This photo is interesting... I'm not sure if it was intentional, and clearly these photos were all taken separately, but putting Lin in the middle while sitting down has some implied symbolism in Chinese culture. Obviously, he's the tallest one and so he has to sit down to keep everything aligned. That being said, typically when you see a photo of people where one guy is sitting down in the middle, surrounded by others, it is to formalize a teacher-student or mentor-mentee or even patriarch-child relationship. In other words, that's the guy with all of the power.

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of this normally, but given it's a culture-specific issue of GQ and how crazy Chinese people are about this type of imagery and hidden symbolism, I figured I'd point it out for those who don't have the background.

Another way this manifests itself is when you see a lot of Chinese-based Lin fans use puns repeatedly (think "McFail" and "Har_en"). Chinese culture is huge on puns, given the tonal nature of the language. They love to play around with calling someone a name that sounds phonetically similar to their actual name but superficially describes a personal characteristic. They also live nicknames in general and use them moreso than formal/official names.

6. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Do you know that they are required by NBA to show up in suits?

7. psingh34

psingh34 Member

OP has done something that no one thought possible .. LOF, LOH, HOF, HOH, and any one else in between can finally agree on the suckiness that is this thread

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pains me to say this, but Kobe's cover is the only one that I find attractive. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ KG. No, sir.

9. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

^^ God, no. I will never be sold on a man's clothes being tighter than mine.

11. smr6

smr6 Member

Best post of the thread.

12. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

[​IMG]

Got a new suit now! Celebrating his imminent trade?

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Omer apparently got a new gut too with being inactive for so long. Too much turkey I guess.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Hehe. Noticed that too.

The OP is an idiot.

15. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

What about McHale and his pimp walk? Wearing all of these fly suits and to have the nerve to strut around like George Jefferson. Some people only care about fashion and not about their jobs!!!