1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

University of Houston: Armored Truck Robbery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobloblaw, Dec 6, 2013.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I was outside on campus when this happened. Thankfully the driver is safe. This could have ended much worse.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Shots-fired-in-armored-car-heist-on-UH-campus--234755771.html

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

GTA ****.. in a wide open public place.. they couldn't have intercepted it anywhere else?

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Did they get the money?

4. bobloblaw

Yes I believe so. They found the armored truck abandoned in a University of Houston parking garage (odd that no one followed them--you'd expect surveillance as well) and the red truck abandoned elsewhere.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

When keepin' it real almost goes wrong.

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

yea this part of the story is really weird.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Why would you get out of an armored car? Isn't the whole point of the armor that you can't be shot while inside it?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Aint no one risking their life for something insurance is ready to pay for.

9. bobloblaw

Well obviously, but they just drove the truck 1 block away (potentially more) but then would have had to unload it in the parking garage. It seems like there must have been 50 witnesses. They literally just left it in the exit of the parking garage and took off.

[​IMG]

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

looks like the welcome center garage. so did the two guys in the red truck then pickup the guy with the money? or did they guy with the money take a third vehicle that was ready for him?

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They should press charges on this guard. His job isn't to play Dirty Harry and shoot out tires. He could have hit someone.

Who would have followed armed robbers? Sounds like they knocked it out quick and there were no cops around.

12. bobloblaw

I'm not saying that a security officer should have followed them.. :confused:

I was surprised that no police were around at the time. There is almost always a UHPD SUV patrolling the turnaround in front of the library and UC. I don't get why in pulling a heist you would only drive the armored truck one block...

The red truck with 2 passengers followed the armored truck 1 block away to the Welcome Center Parking Garage and there cleared the truck and left.

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

i bet after they ditched the truck at planned parenthood they slipped into the grassy fields there.. along the train tracks

14. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I think there's a good chance that the truck guard will lose his job.

15. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

unless of course they had planted a get-away car earlier in the parking lot.. i wonder if it has security cams?

16. bobloblaw

Haha. You are probably right. I was wondering what the significance was of ditching a truck at a Planned Parenthood... I assumed people don't get many abortions on Friday mornings.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It sounds like this is what was SUPPOSED to happen in Reservoir Dogs......

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

no theres no significance like that. its just the closest place nearby on that route to lose your heat..

now after though, idk if they went on foot or took a previously placed getaway car.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why on earth are you driving an armored truck carrying cash, while you're pregnant? Especially that far ahead...

20. bobloblaw

My main issue with this: why is a pregnant woman driving an armored truck? I generally see two relatively in shape men with plenty of body armor operating these vehicles. I would not want to put my child at such a risk.