1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jaguars Thurday Night

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 4, 2013.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Did Gary Kubiak call Matt Schaub unbelievable pro.....????
    :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>177 penalty yards were franchise record for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/408829397115092992">December 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

we have the previous jags game, to know that. ;)

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Vegas had us as 3 point favorites. LULZ</p>&mdash; Beard O'Schaub (@SchaubsBeard) <a href="https://twitter.com/SchaubsBeard/statuses/408829516232916992">December 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

why people thought during that the first few weeks, Schaub was the only problem in this team, he is a problem, and has some fault about this season, but not all is his fault.

The O-line sucked, but people blame Schaub, because he is a statue, but then Case got sacked, and then people realize that the O-line sucks.

then the defense is awful, but people saying it was Schaub fault, because they didnt get rest for too many 3 and outs, but Case does the same, and now people see the defense (except Watt) sucks.

Tonight, Schaub throws a bit better, with the same O-line and say Kubiak is calling different plays, come on, Kubiak hasnt change his playbook in 2 years.

Schaub throws for +500 yards against the Jags last season, and people say is not impressive, because it was the Jags, but Case only does 6 points, and nothing happens.

So, Schaub is a problem yes, and his time in here is done, and should be gone after this season, but its not like he was the only problem.

Case hasnt looked like the future QB, but he still young and I hope he fix his problems (like awareness in the pocket, to do a quicker read of the defense, etc) this offseason.

and I know it was mistake putting Schaub back there, but only because the texans are done, and we have to see if Keenum have what it takes before we see who the texans will pick in the next draft.

1 person likes this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

So this is what tanking looks like.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is worse than tanking. We're actually trying and sucking this hard.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This is what it feels like when doves cry.

9. Raven

Raven Member

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While #Texans' Andre Johnson said Matt Schaub gave the team a spark, Wade Smith team's offense definitely runs different when Schaub's in.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Highlight of the game:

[​IMG]

12. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I would think that an unbelievable pro would be able to pick up 1 yard on 2nd down when he had a 8 yard cushion.

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Hell yea! I want that number 1 pick and Kubiak fired!

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

My goodness. Thank you.

15. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm having a hard time understanding why Kubiak continues to praise Schaub during the awful awful season he has had.

It's one thing for Keenum to make mistakes and throw around 55%, but for a veteran starter to not have a much higher completion rate and make the kind of consistent mistakes that Schaub is making... What is Kubiak doing being so vocal in his defense?

No way is our head coach okay with what Schaub has done this year. Maybe he knows that Schaub is clearly out and is doing this to help save his career. Maybe he's giving his career a eulogy.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Did Keenum get hurt or was Kubes just being Kubes by putting Schaub in?

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

While most disagree with it, I didn't really care one way or another about the move, and I still feel that way. This league figured Keenum out in about 3 games. That says enough to me about his future as a franchise quarterback. I like him and all, but he's a good backup, at best.

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

I agree with bringing Schaub back in because it was my fantasy playoffs and Case was sucking and not getting the ball to Dre

Thanks for the points Schauber.

19. ILoveWhiteGirls

My god, they can stop war and create one all at the same time!!!!

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I have to say the J-ville cheerleaders BROUGHT IT last night.

Every time one of them was in the camera shot.....wow.