1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP PAUL WALKER

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Nov 30, 2013.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

thats still sick... he was 40

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

FWIW, he was 33, he was 40 when he passed.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

No, I'm not angry. I should not be posting in an RIP Paul Walker thread. :grin:

I agree with RV6 that it is possible they met and he didn't know how old she was, but I still find it hard to justify anyone dating someone half their age. I felt weird about the idea of sleeping with 17 year olds when I was 20. I think by the time you are in your late 20s you should not be going after anyone <20. He was a human being. It should not have too much of an impact on your opinion of him regardless. His fans never knew him personally. I have similar opinions about Woody Allen. I will still watch his films.

Also to the entertainment point... You are probably right that people really do love him for his films. I wish they did not exist, but there are lots of films that don't fit my tastes that the majority of people like. I'm not trying to be counterculture, I just am not a big action fan. Sorry for flaming you.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

She is 23 now. You do know the age of consent in the majority of the world and the majority of states in the US is 16, right? Yeah it was an odd relationship since his daughter was only a few years younger than her, but they were committed to each other for years. There's no sign that he took advantage of her.

He was a good guy. RIP.

5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Ok, I clicked on the spoiler image. Thanks for posting pics that I don't want to see. :( I know that it was entirely up to me to click but still. :eek:

So, the coroner is saying that Paul burned to death? How is that if his friend didn't burn to death? I'd think that they both died on impact or when the car exploded. Just wondering how the dr. was able to determine their cause of death since the bodies were badly burned.

I kinda figured that he had a gf but had no idea that she was that young when they met. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-daughter-struggles-cope-horrible-news.html

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/04/paul-walker-jasmine-pilchard-gosnell-photos/

#325 Lady_Di, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Paul Walker's Brazilian Jiu-jitsu brown belt hung up at the crash site. Apparently, he trained over at Paragon in Santa Barbara.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

how do you know she wasnt 15 when they met, at least let her put the barbie dolls down before you try to jump on her

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Honestly, who gives a **** if he was 30 and she was 16 (and legal)...that's like me blaming someone that likes fat chicks...or liking girls that are of a certain ethnicity. Who cares? Everyone can make decisions for themselves...and as long as it doesnt hurt anyone, then anything goes. It doesnt make Paul a bad person or a pedophile...it has no bearing on what type of person he was. If anything, he was more charitable, caring, and down to earth than most Hollywood movie stars. Yes, I said movie stars.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The driver is said to have died on impact, but walker was still alive after, but badly injured, so the fire was what eventually killed him. The fire just spread too quickly, and well, there wasn't much to burn in the first place, since it's a smaller car that was mangled.

I don't know how they figure it out exactly, but i believe they go farther into the body. Although the body was badly burned, it looks like it was primarily the outer tissue that was burned badly enough to erase their features, but other than that, Walker's body looks intact.

#329 RV6, Dec 4, 2013
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea there was a big age difference but its not like because he was a pedo. They have been together since then, he didn't just bang her up and leave her Karl Malone style. He is a rich movie star that could get any girl he wanted so for him to stay committed that must have meant there was something there. People need to lay off.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Man you guys are fd up to be discussing this. Smh someone kick this moron out.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm just curious as to why there was such a massive fire for a car with such a small gas tank. Pretty sure he was running racing fuel but still. That fire was much larger than I would have figured.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think this was already mentioned, but Rodas' 8yr old son climbed over a fence to get to the crash and had to be restrained because he was trying to save his father.

I can't imagine how that's going to play in his head for years to come. Horrible thing to experience.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The coroner looks into the lungs (assuming they weren't also badly fire-damaged) and can tell by heat / fire / smoke inhalation if he was alive at the time the fire started. Inhalation = still alive.

Poor guy. Hell of a way to go.

You must be the "ah, man, they're out of Coors Light" guy standing alone at the party because nobody wants to talk to him.

Wtf is wrong with you?

#334 ROXTXIA, Dec 4, 2013
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Pretty sure higher octane gas is a smidge less volatile but it doesn't matter because everything on a car will burn. There isn't really a way to stop it either.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree.

Also people need to lay off R Kelly.

Maybe it's not a good time to play "Ignition Remix" on the radio.

17. dragician

dragician Member

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL HERE? CLEARLY YOUR WORDS ARE FULL OF ****.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Oh, I'm sure he "found love" every chance he could get. :grin:

And his critics are just jealous.

Walker most certainly had life insurance, but that will go to his family. Little miss sweet treat's going to be left out in the cold, so you can bet she's going to file a lawsuit either against the driver's estate or Porsche, maybe both.

19. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Personally, I was always a big Paul Walker fan. I had a man-crush if you will.

The Skulls-good movie, solid acting and suspensful plot, don't forget COACH
    Varsity Blues-you didn't grow up in Texas if you don't respect that movie
    Joy Ride-Not Bad for what it was, Steve Zahn is the co-star
    Into the Blue-just a solid action movie, Alba be in her sexy prime
    Running Scared-very underrated movie, check it out
    Bobby Z-I liked it, fun action popcorn flick, Olivia Wilde be fine as a mofo
    Takers- ok, but I wanted more with the cast

F&F-if you watch American Dad! there was a joke Snot made that he thought it would go up to 18, Paul Walker did look great for 40 :grin:

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i was looking at the crash site on google maps and at the end of the road of the site there is a curve and this is what the street looks like:

[​IMG]

the crash happened in front of "3D corporations" on the map, approximately between the "-cules st" and middle "hercules st"

Definitely a popular place to race, show off, etc...but it's weird that he'd lose control on a straightaway and not doing donuts on the curve.

#340 RV6, Dec 4, 2013