1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Daniels

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by wfeebs, Dec 3, 2013.

1. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

We know sometime late this year or next year, Cov and Canaan will get a chance with the big boys, but what are the chances Daniels does too? He is lights out with a pure stroke, and if he can play a little D, I think he'd be a valuable role player. Is this a serious overreaction? Haha

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I have been Troy's number one fan on clutchfans. I think he is perfect for the d-league scene and more specifically the vipers who play the GREEEN LIGHT style of offence.

I think best case scenerio he is just a spot minute catch and shoot guy. Just glory in my man troys brilliance and hope Nevarda smith plays him more and more because when he goes into his Seth curry mode no one can keep up.

Get it done Hinkle, give him a 10 dayer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4k_uPmGFWGQ?list=FLZ5L9cvvku3_-MKQRBYkeQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#2 Voice of Aus, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

4. basketballholic

Love the quick windup and release. Bang bang and ball is gone. He has it both off the dribble and off the catch.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

waive brewer ?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This could very well happen. Brewer just doesn't look the same anymore, and if he really has lost a step defensively as it looks in the small amount of minutes he's played, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's waived so the Rockets can sign Daniels.. who could most likely contribute right away in case of injury.

Of course he is another offensive minded player who I have concerns about defensively in the big league. But if Brewer can't contribute defensively, its an obvious decision IMO unless there is someone better in free agency.

7. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Forgot to post this when it happened, but here are all Daniels' FGs from his game against the Jam when he scored 29 points:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V329OfF1ywk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More on Ridiculous Upside.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was just about to start a thread about Mr. Daniels. Here's a couple of stats :

1) In the past 4 games (before tonight's), he's 27-52 from 3 point range for 52%.
    2) That means he's averaging 13 3's attempted per game for the past 4 games. The Memphis Grizzlies as a team average 13.7 per game.
    3) It also means that he's averaging 6.75 made 3's per game in those 4 games. This is more than 9 NBA teams average per game on the season.
    4) But wait ... I saved the freakiest stat for last : before tonight's game, he's shooting 40-80 for 50% overall. Of those 80 attempts, only 13 have been 2 point shots. He's actually attempted more free throws (15) than he has 2 point shots. Oh, and he's also 14-15 on FT's.

9. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Given your signature (not sure if serious) ... would you be ok for the Rockets to waive Brewer to give Daniels a shot?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. He's not my favorite Rocket of all time, but I cheer for him because from what I understand, he's a good kid and one of my best friends' family helped raise him. If Ronnie's skills have declined, I'm ok with it, but I'm not sure more scoring is what this team needs. I haven't seen him do a ton more than spot up and shoot 3's. But Lord, does he do that well. The other issue I have is that D-League defense seems to be so pathetic in these games, that I'm not sure how he'll react when he has more trouble getting his shot off against NBA defenses.

I mean let's face it... there are probably a lot of D-League studs that are barely average NBA players at best.

11. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Man I love the fact that he has a quick release. Shooting always translates to the NBA. Look at what Trey Burke did to the Rockets last night.

12. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Yup! Nice to hear about your connection. I like Brewer as well. Just not sure if McHale is willing to play him.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Jesus, Morey must be pleasuring himself to these RGV box scores.

Daniels is shooting above 50% from three and about 90% from the free throw line. What a beautiful looking shot too. Would love to see him in a Rockets uniform later this year.

If the Asik trade nets us a few more open roster spots, it could happen.

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Waive Brewer, sign Daniels.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think Brewer was ever a lock down defender. He was pretty good for his position. His shot was unorthodox and looked ugly and it got even worse.

16. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Boy he would look good as our 2-guard off the bench, huh. Give him Garcia's minutes.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You say that after Daniels' worst shooting performance of the year. lol. :)