1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to Cowgirl Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by dram1, Nov 26, 2013.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

This. I am a cowboys fan living in DFW and I can tell you that the majority of people here are well aware of the Cowboys' numerous short comings. The national media may try and pump up expectations for our team every other year but our local media is not so short sighted. Our history actually makes us more demanding of greatness. Everyone here knows that this team has no chance to do anything until Jerry Jones dies. That's the cruel reality. But in all fairness... Texans fans shouldn't be telling Cowboys fans to stop talking mess. If anything way more hate comes from Texans fans than cowboys fans. Probably has a lot to do with the whole "little brother/big brother" mentality. In all honesty I really thought this would be the Texans' season to contend. Cowboys won't do anything if they make it to the playoffs... but I gotta say I'm glad we do have at least some nice memories to think about until Jerry dies.

2. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Although I wouldn't perform a certain urinary function on the typical Cowboys fan were he on fire, the ones I know have been fairly civil during this stretch for the Texans. They feel a certain empathy in knowing that, although they have the better record, mediocrity has been their earmark for several years and that if the Giants, Eagles and Redskins were playing at all up to their potential, they'd be in last place as well.
    I just hope the next Texans regime won't settle for it.
    I believe the true test of a fan's class is to celebrate the team's success, but realize that a season like this is a possibility for any good team.
    Ask a Falcons fan.

3. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Houston has put up year after year of **** talking from Dallas fans...so when we have a decent season...Dallas gets it right back. Not sure why anyone is surprised...

4. the shark

the shark Member

We SUCK so who are we to talk smack about any other team?

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Um, which city is that? Dallas? Or Irving?

6. dje243

dje243 Member

Uhhh... not sure what your point is. The Cowboys are DFW's team. They moved from Irving, one fairly centrally located place in DFW to another fairly centrally located place in Arlington.

7. dje243

dje243 Member

The only one delusional here is you. "Day of reckoning"?!!! We haven't won a playoff game in like 17 years. What day of reckoning do you think is coming???? The same day of reckoning we've had for 17 years when we either didn't make the playoffs or got bounced in the first round? You can believe that Cowboys fans are buying into the hype every year if you want to, but you would be way off base. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are dumb sports fans here in DFW, and also there in Houston. Even when we win all the callers on DFW radio stations are pissed off. I think sometimes people try and paint Cowboys fans as being overly confident or cocky so that when we lose it feels better to make fun of us. This sets up the team for failure because even when they win they're only beating a team they "should beat" anyway. It's laughable to put this team in the same category as the Lakers, yankees, Heat etc... Those franchises have at least had recent success. Cowboys fans know the team is and has been mediocre for some time. They pack the stadium because they love their team. Again i'm not denying that there are dumb Cowboys fans. But that could be said of any team.

8. dram1

dram1 Member

This is exactly what I speak of...Cowboy fans on a Texans Message Board...they can't help themselves. They can't resist raising them rusty trophies. Predictable CG fans.

I have never had any issue with the Cowboys franchise...not like I loathe the Lakers and their players over the years...but it's the fans like this that created the animosity...we were just happy to get a football team back in Houston til Cowgirl fans started flapping their gums.

And as far as losing our Oilers...Bud Adams was a vindictive owner who got into a pis'ing match with then mayor Bob Lanier. And he wanted to go elsewhere all along.

9. SevenMinuteAbs

Can we please stop hating on a team that we never play. You refer to them as the Cowgirls and don't want them to talk trash? Really?

This is nearly a nonexistent rivalry. I grew up watching the cowboys and they are my second team, and as annoyed as i get with cowboy fans, they don't really hate on us as much as we hate on them.

This year they are the better team and are likely gonna make the playoffs while we compete for the #1 overall. So we are not in a position to talk at all.

I'm gonna continue to support both teams but the trash talk is really unwarranted. And Tony Romo is way better than any qb this franchise has ever had, and if we had him i truly believe we'd be on top of the division right now.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

And Tony Romo is way better than any qb this franchise has ever had, and if we had him i truly believe we'd be on top of the division right now. Nope, whats wrong with Dallas is whats wrong with Houston. Lack of coaching and ownership who could care less.

11. Eldudearrino

Eldudearrino Member

cowboys fans know the team has issues. cowboys fans in dallas also dont care about the texans at all.

go head and listen to the sports radio and see how often the texans are mentioned. now go listen to the houston sports radio and hear how much they talk about the cowboys.

12. dram1

dram1 Member

Actually they are seldom mentioned. Unless a Cowboy fan calls in with that burnt out "How 'bout dem Cahboyz!"

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Honestly can't remember the last time I heard anyone talking about the cowboys on Houston sports radio.

I think the "rivalry" is slowly dying, if there ever really was one to begin with. We never play each other (preseason doesn't count) and both teams have enough of their own problems to worry about how the other team is doing.

The way it usually goes is that whichever team is having a good season, that teams fans talk trash. When both teams are sucking, the trash talk is pretty much nonexistent.

14. dram1

dram1 Member

Again...I must state that I have absolutely no hatred nor do I "hate on" the Cowboys team/organization. I enjoyed watching that team in the 90's win titles when my Oilers would flake in the playoffs. But it seems that that generation of fans that also witnessed these triumphs had an arrogance born in them as a result. Now being arrogant alone doesn't bother me until it is manifested publicly.

I am not sure how you spend your football Sundays, but I like to go to public venues to watch football, and there are always a sizeable representation of Cowboy fans that will in fact go into trash talk tirades of unbounded arrogance. You may wish to believe that there is no rivalry if you like, but there is unquestionably some animosity between the fans of both teams and I have observed that it is often provoked by Cowboy fans.

And I really don't understand why a struggling team cant "talk at all". My "talking" is simply a general message to the fans that poke fun at Texans disastrous season that "your time is coming!"

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

dram, you really are a poor sport sucktard. I don't know which cowboys fans you are talking are hearing smack from...but no cowboys fans I know believe the cowboys are a Cadillac or are going anywhere this season. I haven't said one word about your Texans. the amount of smack some of you Texans fans talk about the cowboys...you should have to hear it in kind even though I don't partake. quit being a poor sport, man. so, your team is having a crappy season. get over it. we do every season.

16. droopy421

droopy421 Member

There pretty much wasn't ever a rivalry. We aren't even in the same conference. Playing each other once every four years and never in the playoffs isn't a rivalry. I don't know why Texans fans get their jimmies rustled over Cowboys fans and vise versa.

Basically:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d7N5tM-LaBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Nero

Nero Member

Dude, grow up.

Your first mistake is going to 'venues' to watch football games.

Really?

Why? Your tv not working?

Or is it because you prefer to get loaded and scream and crap like that. And get all frustrated with an unprecedented 10-game losing streak, while at the same time, there are some Cowboys fans in the same 'venue' whooping and hollering about something their team did which was GOOD.

And it pisses you off.

That's on you, not them.

Here's a clue: stop going to sports bars to watch football games with drunk fans, and maybe you will not have to suffer so much at the hands of other teams' fans who are more than willing to make fun of a 2-10 team that thought it was headed to a Super Bowl.

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

What venue's are you going to? Perhaps you're going to a designated Cowboys bar or something. Even then, its awfully difficult to imagine Cowboys fans provoking crap as you describe. In my experience, it's always been the opposite.. Texans fans, eager for a rivalry with the Cowboys talking smack.

When I am out around town I hardly even see any gatherings of Cowboys fans.

19. dram1

dram1 Member

Again...a Cowboy fan on a Texans fan message board. This message was for those exactly like you!!

20. dram1

dram1 Member

Hmmm...watching football at a sports bar a mistake...then why are there so many? So on football Sunday there are literally thousands of folks making mistakes?

On the other hand...you my friend have mistakenly assumed that in simply sending a message , I have somehow demonstrated anger. This was a message to those Cowboy fans to which it applies. If you are not in that group, then great! Ignore the message! You perhaps might be the ONE to which it does not apply. But given your intro to your reply:"Dude, grow up!" (and what an excellent retort that was) I would suspect that you are in that group...just saying.